Lunaris eEP available for download

Ray

Casualty of Peace
Apr 2, 2002
Norway
www.lunarisweb.com
Lunaris - Incivility eEP

It`s been a while. On 13th november 2004 we played our last show on John Dee in Oslo. This concert was the culmination of a long period of very hard work. When our first album, ... the infinite, was released, it had been finished for quite a long time. We were very focused on writing material for our second album and a lot of time went into this. Rehearsals, pre-production sessions and the recording of Cyclic took a lot of our time and the whole process was pretty exhausting. Our relationship with our record company, Earache, was not very good and we just got fed up with everything and a couple of weeks after the John Dee-show we - Myself (Ray), M and Balfori - decided to put the band on ice. Eventually I decided to quit the band myself due to stuff that happened in my personal life. M and Balfori were intent on continuing the band, but not much happened. I got my shit sorted out and rejoined the band and we had a couple of sessions at M`s place where we went through the new material. One of the songs I came up with at the time turned into Waters Deep, that is included on this release. This was originally ment to be a My Dying Bride-esque song, but M turned into a fast-paced thing that sound really cool. Incivility is M`s work and as classic a Lunaris-tune as there ever was. Fulcrum is kind of weird, but maybe that is what is to be expected from Lunaris?

On this eEP M is handling all the instruments. I designed the vocals and wrote the lyrics. Balfori does the growling and screaming and Bjørn Inge does the clean vocals. Bjørn Inge was involved in the live setup of the band in 2004 and we are proud to announce that he now is an official member of the band. He will be an important part of the band in the making of what is to be our third album. We have a lot of material written and it is gonna be a fantastic album. The material is maybe a bit more oriented towards more classic metal than extreme metal, but it is definitely going to sound like Lunaris. We plan to make pre-production tapes in the months ahead and will begin recording of the album late this year or early next year. Chances are that a lot of prominent musicians are going to be featured on the album. More information will be disclosed at a later date.

We hope you enjoy these three songs as much as we do. We are very happy to finally be able to present new Lunaris-material to the world and we promise that it will not take another seven years until we give you more.

The eEP can be streamed either from our MySpace page @ http://www.myspace.com/lunarisofficial/ or on your Youtube-channel @ http://www.youtube.com/lunarisofficial.

Oslo, may 3rd 2011.

Ray, M, Balfori, Bjørn Inge