lurch.

Erik said:
is it IMPERATIVE that speaker cables to L and R are approximately the same length.

audiophiles will tell you so ... and probably swear by it.

but I say NO ... if I can talk in real time with China in a fraction of a second ... I would say the signal from the amp to the speakers, even if the cable is not the same lenght on L and R ... well .. you figure it out ... you'e in audio engineering school

audio ... as marketed to the genral public has so many bogus myths ... that I am not sure what is right or wrong.

is this some school work question?

no its nothing to do with school its just that my left speaker is much weaker than the right and its NOT the amp and i dont think its the speaker either

i would change the speaker wires ... most innexpensive speaker wires oxidize after a while ... try to get a spool of Monster Cable ... their least expensive is about $10-$15 for a 30' spool you can cut to size.

cheapest and best mod you can do for your stereo.

EDIT:
this one would work just fine ...
http://www.monstercable.com/productPage.asp?pin=48

No doubt. The kid's jaw-dropped when I went to make the purchase. I was buying the TV at the same time, so my friend w/ a SUV helped me out but he only had limited time.

So I walked into the Circuit City, this kid asked "do you need any help?" I was like, you work on commission, right? Here's what I need: proceeded to rattle off the TV, the receiver I had selected, a JVC DVD changer, the Polk Audio satellite speaker set, the Polk powered sub, and Monster cables & speaker wire to hook the whole thing up.

I say: "get it all together, I have about 45 minutes to spare."

He looked at me like I had 4 heads. And then started running. :lol:

hahahha ... yes, had a few of those sales myself ... but some, after all the running around and already spending my commission check in my head as I was gathering the items, turned out to be people trying to use stolen credit cards.
but there were some big spenders like you ... always people that never looked the part.