Luror (Doomcifer, spaffe, Marksveld & Nic, JayK, etc -- read)

Erik

New Metal Member
Oct 10, 2001
southernmost voyage
So I just noticed noone has ever discussed this band in the forum. Listen to this track off the "The Iron Hand of Blackest Terror" LP and see what you think. I got this track off a comp. CD and I'm thinking I should probably buy the album soonish. Fucking EXCELLENT melody and vocal work here. Not completely original but has enough of its own spirit that I'm quite impressed.

http://nw.ath.cx/~erik/Luror_-_Smoke_and_Stardust.mp3

"The Iron Hand of Blackest Terror" <---- cool title

Wow, those vocals!! Hahah, I don't know whether to laugh or bow down and obey. It's like his screams collapse into fallsetto squeals.....sounds like a 90 year old woman getting gang raped by a bunch of rabid zombies.

LOVE the bit at 3:15 with the change of tempo and melody. Almost as cool as the change at 5:15 - very cool song structuring from this moment on. Like the way it fades out....

I've never heard of this band before. That vocalist gives the Helheim howls a run for their money. This is awesome! Brings a smile to my face. :)

Those drums are real right? I'm miserable at the thought of having to learn how to program drums.

I'm liking this a lot so far...

and by the way, not to toot my own horn, but I consider myself an authority when it comes to discerning real drums from programmed drums- these are real, I'm 100% positive. ( in response to Jay's question ). I haven't been wrong yet :Spin: [/asshole].

Sounds like Helheim vocals, which as JayK pointed out are either just what the doctor ordered or laughable depending on my mood.

Like the harmonies, and the subdued keyboards are nice. Starting to wear thin toward the middle, but then nice blast beats and Ulver-bass take over and rekindles initial interest. Has a real nice ending section.

Pretty good stuff, epic but immediate.