M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R.....

KeithReyn

Members Only Member
Apr 1, 2008
Osceola Mills, PA
I wish I could get the Profire 2626, but i just cant afford it. ANYWAY, M-Audio has another interface i was looking at the Fast Track Ultra 8R. I dont NEED the ADAT now, so the fact that it doesnt have it is no problem. Has Octane Pres, which ive only heard good things about. I dont care that its USB, because it does all tracks @ once unlike some other USB interfaces.
The main reason I wanted something by M-Audio is the fact that id like to mess around with Pro Tools 8.

Has anyone here ever owned this unit, or knows how they hold up?

Here is the specs on it:
24-bit/96kHz professional audio on all I/O simultaneously
high-speed USB 2.0 interface
MX Core™ DSP technology

* monitor with effects while recording
* flexible channel routing options
* expands DSP mixing interface to 16 x 8

8 preamps with award-winning M-Audio Octane™ technology

* 8 XLR/TRS combo jacks for mic or line-level inputs
* 20dB pad on each preamp
* signal/peak LED indicator lights
* +48V phantom power

2 front-panel ¼” instrument inputs
8 balanced TRS analog outputs
2 analog inserts
S/PDIF digital I/O
built-in 1 x 1 MIDI interface
2 independent headphone outputs with individual volume control knobs
rugged, lightweight metal chassis
full ASIO 2.0, WDM, MME, Core Audio support

Heard they won't last you long, and my friend's unit just stopped working recently for no reason. And at that pricerange, I don't understand why anyone would want a USB interface anymore.

Cool, I just need something that will work with Pro Tools 8 and has more inputs than the Fast Track Ultra. I was thinking of the Profire2626 anyway, just a case of what was available at the music stores. Anyway have fun!

Cool, I just need something that will work with Pro Tools 8 and has more inputs than the Fast Track Ultra. I was thinking of the Profire2626 anyway, just a case of what was available at the music stores. Anyway have fun!

Definitely go with the Profire instead.