M-Audio Fast Track

Sep 23, 2009
Illinois
What are your guys' thoughts on the M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R USB interface? I need an interface that has a minimum of 8 ins and not firewire. I personally like M-Audio products because they are generally affordable and reliable.

Well at the moment I have a Fast Track Ultra (not 8r) and it's doing quite well. It handles all 6 tracks at once without any pops or clicks at 128 samples. A lot of people say that USB interfaces perform poorly at higher track counts, but I can't see any problems with mine. I guess this interface would be a good option if you can't go with firewire. Just try looking around for some reviews. I have found the ones on Zzounds.com to be pretty positive.

I too have had an Fast Track Ultra (non 8R model) interface for about 7-8 months, and so far it's been great. The preamps are the Octane series which are the same preamps as the higher end Profire interfaces, and they are quite good sounding. I always hear people complaining about M-Audio's drivers, however, I've had no problems what-so-ever with the drivers for the Fast Track Ultra. I definitely recommend it, it's probably one of the best interfaces in the $350 price range IMO.