\m/ Faith No More's Glam Thread \m/

I hate how alot of glam bands are known more for their ballads then their heavier songs. Especially considering how these bands had better songs than their ballads. A couple examples.

Poison - Every Rose Has It's Thorns

It's a pretty good song, but Poison had many songs that are so much better than this. Talk Dirty To Me, I Want Action, Look What the Cat Dragged In, Nothing But A Good Time, etc. were so much better, in my opinion.

Warrant - Heaven

Again, this song is good, but Warrant made a couple songs that were better. Cherry Pie, So Damn Pretty, and Cold Sweat are just so much better.

Cinderella - Don't Know What You Got

I have to give this song some credit. For a ballad, I really dig this song. It really tends to play with your emotions when you listen to it, and that's what a ballad is suppose to do. Regardless, Shake Me is still their best song, in my opinion.

Skid Row - 18 and Life

Why the hell is this considered Skid Row's "best" song? I mean, everytime I hear about Skid Row, someone will be like, "YEAH SKID ROW, 18 AND LIFE ALL THE WAY!!!!11111 \m/" Even though it's a decent song, I consider it one of Skid Row's worst songs off of their self-titled debut. I mean, why couldn't they have been known for Big Guns or Rattlesnake Shake? Those are two of their best songs.

You guys pretty much got my point. I think this is one of the reasons why glam started to die in the early 90s, people didn't want glam to be known for their ballads. They were probably sick of hearing ballad after ballad being played on the radio. Rant over.

Yeah bro you're totally right. All those ballads are good, but I dont wanna sit there, looking at life and shit when im listening, I wanna be happy. Thats why im not a fan of love songs.

Even though it's a decent song, I consider it one of Skid Row's worst songs off of their self-titled debut. I mean, why couldn't they have been known for Big Guns or Rattlesnake Shake? Those are two of their best songs.

Midnight Tornado. Now thats a fucking tune!

Mathiäs;6487976 said:
Poison are much shit though.

go listen to the stuff without cc deville (native tongue, crack a smile) he is the weak link in that band for sure

Twsited Sister for the win!

Btw, i remamber as a kid Van Halen did Dreams as Power Rangers theme which was cool at the time.

Appetite For Destruction is a masterpiece

guns_n_roses_-_appetite_for_destruction.jpg

You're Crazy This song really gets you pumped up.

Last edited by a moderator: