\m/ Faith No More's Glam Thread \m/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belligerent

Greekus Urungus
Mar 15, 2006
The Low Low, IL
A thread dedicated to Faith No More (The notorious "hair metal" poster) on here for years now...what does he have like 4000k posts and 90% of them involve big hair, Trans Ams, Mullets, and fluorescent guitars.

Alright fuckers...feel free to shoot the shit about ANYTHING hairmetal!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Honestly the only song I remember is "Don't Cloooose Yourrr Eyyyyyyeeees!! DUh da da...Dont Clooose Yourrrr EYyyEyyyeeeess!!"
...Solid track. Last I seen the guitarist was on Vh1's "Where are they now" show and he was putting billboards up for a living:lol:. He looked all strung out on drugs, but which glam rock wash up Wasnt OR still is fucked up on drugs.

Heres a good debate: Van Halen.
Glam or NO Glam. Id say their music is far from glam but alot of people like to argue that one. Its probably the flashy "Diamond Dave" that people see and never get the glam image out of their head. Van Halens old shit cannot be touched tho'. Cradle Will Rock, Beautiful Girls...it all owns.

Does

glam = makeup?
glam = gilrie makeup?
glam = weak hard rock posing as metal?
glam = lyrical content?

Are Motley Crue's first two albums considered glam? How about the first WASP?

I remember in high school in the mid-to-early 80's when Motley Crue was just starting. I liked their first two albums. Nothing after that.

ack

^ Glam=sometimes all of those combined. Them and Zebra-(who were actually crowned as the originators of glam). The Crue were a little heavier than most glam at the time. Shout at the Devil was killer.

The Crue were a little heavier than most glam at the time. Shout at the Devil was killer.

Yeah, which is why I wondered. Because if, say, Poison was the measuring stick for glam (that's who I tend to think of first, though I know nothing and have never been a fan of glam), then the much heavier Crue does not belong in the same cateGORY. So I tend to argue against early Crue being glam. But I don't really know. I have heard WASP grouped in there as well.

How about Immortal? Pure Makeup!!!

ack

Immortal are the Tyrants of Glam:kickass:
...Crue was around way before Poison so they get lumped into same category. I think The Crue started in 1980 if Im not mistaken. Hetfield said the reason they started Metallica was to blow Motley Crue and all the HairMetal out of the scene...and now look at em':lol: . Just goes to show how much music changes.

Glam rock is typically NOT metal, so this thread is really out of place.

Skid Row's Slave To The Grind is killer though.

Hey, Queen is glam. I'd say they have a lot more to do with Poison and Crue than most genres of metal do.

Status
Not open for further replies.