\m/ (Strat that brings teh br00tz)

Jan 10, 2005
So these past couple of weeks I have been waiting for everything to come in to upgrade the first guitar I ever got, a birthday gift from my father, a Fender Standard Strat. I play in a grind band and usually I just roll with my Explorer but I got an EMG-89 for xmas, intending to put it in the Explorer, that has sat on my desk from then until now. So I got the idea to throw it in my old Strat - but I couldn't just stop there. I ordered locking tuners, a new bridge (upgraded steel block), input jack plate, a volume knob (it goes to 11 :p) and a new DiMarzio strap to top it off, all of which are black. Anywho, here it is finally finished and no clips but, it does sound really good :heh:

dragonslayer.jpg

I have said in the past that "I don't believe in Strats having humbuckers," and also stated how much I loathe maple necks (fretboards) - but I think some kind of switch flipped in my head a short time ago. I have even seriously considered buying a Charvel SoCal. Not a fan of Floyds though so, this'll have to do for a bit! Really dig it and I'm excited to have the chance to use it as a main guitar for my band as well.

Nice! American strat? I have a steel block bridge in my parts-caster and man, that thing sustains as much as my Les Paul!

-Joe

Nah this is just a Fender Standard Strat, MIM from 2000. It has overgone many changes and mods through the years but was only my "main" guitar when I first started playing as it was the only one I had. I have bought and sold a ton of guitars, and some I really hate myself for selling to this day, but always kept this one because it was my first axe. The Standard Strats are really decent guitars though, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered spending the cash on it.

The upgraded steel block is a major improvement, I recommend any Strat user to get one if they don't have it already. The factory block is so thin and made from a shitty metal. I have two other Strats, maybe they'll get one as well :)

Jarkko: Thanks man, I like the vibe it has from the looks alone, I feel like it can inspire things, or maybe I'm just too high right now. I dunno. :lol:

Looking nice! I'm still missing my strat at times. And I'm glad that "switch" finally flipped...especially about the maple neck. :) I just really prefer the feel of a maple neck/fretboard. Post some clips sometime soon.

Maple fretboards >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> rosewood, looks good dude :cool::D

I have said in the past that "I don't believe in Strats having humbuckers," and also stated how much I loathe maple necks (fretboards) - but I think some kind of switch flipped in my head a short time ago

So glad the switch flipped, that looks amazing!!!!

I'm a fan of maple fretboards but not a fan of strats unless used in the correct context, but THIS LOOKS AWESOME!!!

Thanks guys! I'm really diggin it. Still trying to get used to the alder body/maple neck, dialing sounds for it. I'm accustomed to my Explorer which is all mahogany (much darker in comparison). It's getting there though :)

Plays totally fine. Feels good. Only thing is, it has "medium jumbo" fretwire from the factory. I am currently shopping around for someone to refret it with 6100 or 6105 wire but it looks to be about $250-300 everywhere locally... for $230 shipped I can get a brand new neck from Warmoth though... so I dunno about that yet. The medium fretwire is manageable, I can play fine, just takes a little more effort is all.