MAc compatibility issues...

I'm sorry for being such a noob but what is a boot ? i understand ts is like all the settings and stuff of my mac, where is can i find this boot file to copy it to that external hard drive ? i know about time machine but do i need another hardrive to use it ? thanx

Ok i did some reading and it seems time machine will automaticly backup my boot to the disk i choose it to ? (am I right)

So i'll have my time machine external hardrive wich will backup EVERYTHING on my computer (is that the boot ? or does it include it ?)
Then I'll have a second one to use for my recording files.
And i'll back up my pro tools files on my computer's HD wich means they will also b backed up on the time machine one, right ?

Now when does boot camp come in ? cause to me it's just an app to run windows on a mac..

Sorry for all the questions i just really need to be set up good for september

thanks A LOT for al the help.

ya sorry i was high and always confuse boot camp and time machine. i meant time machine. ya your boot drive is the drive your computer boots to (internal) with apps and the os installed on it.

sounds like a good idea to back up pro tools sessions on your internal for now, although you will most likely eventually fill your boot drive with apps, plugs your itunes library ect.

I recommend lacie d2. ive had no probs with mine. others on the board may suggest other brands such as maxtor.

i would suggest plugging your 002 into the fw 400 port, the external to your fw800 port, and only connect the time machine disk when you are backing up. time machine will automatically back up every hour, which is not desirable because you dont wan t to waste system resources backing up whilst recording or mixing. I tend to recommend connecting time machine disk only when you have time to dedicate your systems resources to the back up. i only back up once per day and i leave it to back up before bed. when time machine is not active, turn it off from the system preferences menu.