Mac osx upgrade help?

Norris-wf

Sep 27, 2007
Durham, UK
I'm currently running a mac 1.25GHz G4 powerPC with 2GB ram and have OSX 10.3.9. I'm using cubase LE that I got free with the soundcard but I want to buy the full version and am looking at cubase studio 4. This requires OSX 10.4, so has anyone upgraded their system to 10.4 and is it stable, or is my machine to old? Also, the new OSX 10.5 is out next week, Does anyone think thats better or whats the most stable? I'm still relatively new to macs so I am unsure about this whole process, any advice?
Cheers,
Sean

I have a G4 1.25Ghz with 2GB Ram and upgrade to 10.4.6.

I was running Nuendo 2.

Only things I had to do when upgrading was download the lastest patches for Nuendo 2 and I believe it also hosed my Syncrosoft and my Dongle was no longer recognized.

So I had to download the latest Syncrosoft software and my Dongle started working again.

Other than that I would say there were no other positive or negative changes to my system.

I am running Pro Tools HD 7.3.1 on a G4 Dual 1Ghz and upgraded that to 10.4.6 as well and it is fine.

Thats what I was thinking too, but i,m not sure if cubase will work with it, especially after hearing from people that a lot of software doesn't work on vista, are macs the same?