Mac newb help

Chryst Krispies

Vanilla Gorilla
Jul 27, 2005
Boston
www.twitter.com
Hey I got a macpro quadcore 2.66 tower and I am fairly new to macs, As a recent convert I was wondering if there was anyway to like power off everything else besides cubase so I can utilize the most juice outta my rig. I need to use this same computer for school internet etc. Any help would be cool.
:Smokin:

Just quit your other open applications, make sure you turn off your screen saver or set it for a long wait time. No hacks needed, welcome to Mac OS X!!!

You reckon you're a newb? I've got my first mac sitting right next to me and I haven't even turned it on yet!!

I'm mentally preparing myself as we speak!

Wow if that's really it I feel like a dumbass and apologize. Hhahaha

Some people like to run a third-party program that kills the Dashboard. I think it's kind of silly to worry about that, just don't load up your Dashboard with like, 20 "I Love Lamps" and you should be fine. Generally the Dashboard doesn't suck up CPU cycles if you're not actively looking at it.

Also, if your mix gets full of plugins - bounce something. So many people I've known are afraid to commit. Come on, it's non destructive bouncing! This is 2007! Get over your fear of commitment, it's a good thing!

mac´s are expencive, sexy and the best working stations!!!!
I have my macbook pro about 2 month and I´m still horny when I´m working with 50 audio tracks and trigger, 60 waves plugins...It´s the best

And I´m using the baby for all other stuff like collage and so on.
And there are no virus for macs

Hell yeah, i can't believe how amazing Macs are. Solid hardware, even more solid software. It's just like computer heaven. So many years of hell with PCs...can't believe i didn't switch sooner!