macbook upgrades help..

sash poask

Mar 24, 2008
hey guys, end of april will have some cash spare, was thinking of upgrading my macbook, currently 160 gb and 2 gb ram

thinking of upgrading to 4 gig ram and 320 gig 7200 rpm (is there a 500 gig at 7200?)

do those that are in uk know any decent websites that you used? and any particular makes i should look out for

and finally, is there a way to transfer everything i have on my current harddrive to the new one....so i basically have everything the same but with more space?

i would recommend crucial too. they have a scanner tool online which will pick the correct memory for you and like xes said their cheap. i dont think there is a 500gig 2.5 ide at 7200 although i might be mistaken. there are also new ide flash drives coming onto the market so you may want to wait a little longer. they're like....FUCKING FAST!!! but dam expensive and their sizes aint too big yet. i dunnow...meg

as for transferring your HD you need to clone your current drive. i think disk utility can do that for you. if not a quick google search will find some freeware .dmg's that will do the trick for ya. you just need a second external hard disk enclosure that runs firewire (if you plan to do it on your mac) otherwise you'll need to external drives and clone it on a windows machine through USB