Mackie MR5 vs Yamaha HS50m vs Alesis M1 620 Active

jhrv

Mar 27, 2007
I need some help here. Help me choose.

- Mackie MR5
- Yamaha HS50m
- Alesis M1 620 Active

Which one and why.

i have the 620's, and they're ok i guess, but they have a really hyped sound to them that tends to translate as mud

i'm sure some of it has to do with my non-treated space...but as an example, i was listening to a mix i made on the 620's, and the high end sounded superb...nice sparkle to the cymbals, good "thwack" to all of the drums with lush and audible reverb tails...then i played it in my car, and it was rumble in the jungle, and it isn't the 1st time that's happened before

i have yamahas - they sound quite natural - just one thing - NO BASS

i mean there is bass but it needs additional sub woofer or something...

but as for the sound - they sound really good and quite true for the money. if you have sub or studio headphones or something to monitor BASS then i think its your choice

I have the yamaha but am getting a sub for them for christmas. But translation-wise I have no complaints other than the lack of low end.

I have yamaha's...they're good and flat, but there are issues in the bass translation so I'm planning to buy the hs80's.
Anyway, I have to say that a set of monitor have to be valued in a great room, not in a bedroom