Wait for HS50M or No?

Deebo

Dirty Man-Horse
Jan 14, 2008
Utah
I just ordered some Yamaha HS50M monitors from ZZounds yesterday and today I was told that they are on backorder now. So I was just seeing if anyone had any suggestions on some other monitors in the $200 - $350 per monitor range or if you think I should just wait it out let me know. These are my first set of real reference monitors so all help would be appreciated.

I recently got a pair, love them, but watch the bass!!! Not enough bass in these speakers, so really learn and reference with other cd's.

Since we are talking about HS50Ms I have one question. One of my Behringer Truths just blew up and I need a new pair of monitors in a price range of 250-350€. Are HS50Ms good for main monitors or are these better just for reference?

Since we are talking about HS50Ms I have one question. One of my Behringer Truths just blew up and I need a new pair of monitors in a price range of 250-350€. Are HS50Ms good for main monitors or are these better just for reference?

They are great.

Ps. use search function, there are tons of threads about the HS50-80's ds.

Called zzounds again today. I guess there was some warehouse mix up and they are shipping today. Woot! Thanks for the suggestions though kinda help reassure myself that I got the best monitors for that price.