Mackie MR5 - HELP !!

FedeCircoBelico

New Metal Member
Oct 27, 2009
Hey guys, see if anyone can help me.
I have two mackie mr5 connected to a Saffire Pro 40, many times during mixing or music listening, one of the speakers turn half down the volume, then I raise all the way up the Volume Monitor pot on my saffire pro 40 until the speaker work again.
Both of the mackie´s are connected TRS-TRS.
Hope anyone can help me :D

is it just one speaker / side that does this?

If so, switch the monitors round. If the problem swaps sides, its the monitor. If it stays at the same side, its the interface.

Most of the time it´s the left side, but today it happened with the right side :S
Now I connect a small mixer to the interface, and... it happened again.. I have been searching on internet and nobody had this problem !!
I have one more option, connect my Boss GT 10 to the mackie´s and see if the problem still.

when you say connect a small mixer to the interface, do you mean interface into the small mixer, then into the speakers?

How loud are you running the monitors?

I guess putting a mixer in the path wouldn't make any difference if the fault is the output from the interface.

I'd be temped to try another input source altogether. Like you said.

Use different leads, see if you can repeat the fault in any other situation. It could be a faulty lead, but that's fairly remote with the problem you describe. It could be the monitor tripping out due to overheating. It could be a dodgy output from the interface. ( try using an alternative output from the saffire pro )

have fun

Yeah, the next time that I will have this problem I will switch fastly to another source like my gt 10 and then I´ll see what is the problem !!

Thanks man, thanks for your time ;)

Its also worth checking on headphones from your saffire pro. this'll help eliminate any kind of DAW related issue. ( like my famous "Accidently mute the left channel and swear blind the monitor has blown" incident ):lol:

hahahah :lol:

With headphone I have no problem !! so.. maybe are the mackie´s but.. it´s weird that nobody has the same problem like me.. at least on internet.