Interface choice help needed quite urgent

222.jpg

Emulations.jpg

True Marcus, however most of it is based on the Saffire Pro 40 which has gone down really well, plus its more stable than the earlier Saffires like the 10 and 26 which I had. Thought its best to keep with Focusrite, plus their customer support is immense!

Just gotta wait 2 months until it hits the shops :( Ill no doubt do a shootout of the Liquid emulations when it arrives.
Man, I've been wanting one of those since they were announced at NAMM, but $1k is a bit much.
What do you mean a shootout of the emulations? Do you have a Liquid 4pre or the real deals?

Just thought i would post this for anyone who cares....

So i got home today after work and gave MAckie a call and talked to a dude there that said yes there supplier in China went bust and that they were in the process and deals with another factory..So things are just on hold....And that the 400f wasn't discontinued and will be fully supported in the future.....

So i bought one to day to check out , because really that is the best choice for me, it has everything i need .

For some reason i dont think the steinberg lets you use external preamps, which is gay.

How is that possible? Does it not have line in or ADAT in?

Nah I don't have the real deals but I can do a shootout of the different convolution emulations that unit gives on lets say guitars? Just for a bit of fun and anybody who might be thinking of buying one could benefit from hearing them too.

i seen a few threads on it an nobody seem to think you could bypass the pre's some said by going line in you could, but others said that doesn't make since...and No there's no dedicated line ins....the line ins go through the mic inputs, you know the 2 in one thing......i dunno

and yeah there is ADAT on the MR816 but i dont really know about adat....

i seen a few threads on it an nobody seem to think you could bypass the pre's some said by going line in you could, but others said that doesn't make since...and No there's no dedicated line ins....the line ins go through the mic inputs, you know the 2 in one thing......i dunno

and yeah there is ADAT on the MR816 but i dont really know about adat....

Just b/c it's 2 in 1 connectors doesn't necessarily mean the line-ins are routed through the preamp. Case in point: Profire 2626

Also, with ADAT you can digitally hook up other sources, such as other preamps.