Mackie Onyx Satellite Dissapointment

MarkG

Feb 15, 2009
Netherlands
Some of you may remember I ended up getting one of the very last new Mackie Onyx Satellites. I've had it less than a year, but I can honestly say the durability of this thing is horrible. One of the two intstrument inputs is noisy as all hell, one of the headphone outputs is broken, and all the 1/4 plug holes are horribly made. Some won't even fit!

I expected more from mackie :erk:

On a slightly different note, for some mysterious reason I've been getting bleed from my webcam microphone when recording my guitar direct. Anyone know what's going on? I can hear myself sneeze/whatever on a DI recording which doesn't make any sense.

Yeah, I gotta apologize for recommending it - however, that's more because mine completely (and inexplicably) died back around June, at least before then I didn't have any complaints! Oh well, I guess now we know why it was discontinued :loco:

i must be a lucky one, had mine for about two years, not had a single problem with it

Damn, that really sucks to hear.

FWIW RME gear seems to run rock-solid. I don't know anyone around here who's had issues with their Firefaces. My Multiface was made back around 2001/2002 and is still running rock solid for me - even with the rather large amount of heat the tiny thing builds up!

Well you live an learn. When it dies on me completely I'll get something else. I can still use most of the line inputs with some of my cables, and channel 2 instrument in also works (although I get that strange sound bleed issue....)

Fireface seems good, I'll get one if this thing dies on me completely.