Madder Mortem - Desiderata, For Katatonia fans

daimonion

Jan 6, 2004
Unfortunately this insanely great band - Madder Mortem - has no forum. So maby a thread here, then...

The thread is perhaps justified because the same as Katatonia, these two bands have sort of worked their way towards the same style/expression on their later albums.

Though the former albums of this band - All flesh is grass and Deadlands are big as hell, their new album Desiderata is perhaps their greatest effort for now.
Heavy, bleak, progressive, mourning, beautiful and even catchy at times. Sounds like some band we all here love? I strongly advice you to check this band, and particularly this album out. I can't see why you would regret it.

Madder Mortem kicks muthafuckin' dick, very different from other cheesy female-fronted metal bands...the music is groovy and grim, and yeah, just beautiful.

and how come they dont have a forum? can we request one? need some e-signatures i guess....

this band is phantastic! i love them since their debute 'Mercury'. the latest release 'Desiderata' is simply brilliant in every aspect. it's by far my favourite release this year (besides Katatonia's TGCD). especially the vocals are unmatched in this genre. Agnete Kierkevaag has a phantastic voice and uses it in very diverse ways, very emotional and yet powerful. thankfully she's far from the overused Gothic cliché. i can't get enough from this band. it's good to see there are still original bands, which follow their own way, delivering quality records one after another...

Yes, this band is really underrated, it is strange, but most of the metal fans that I know never heard of Madder Mortem............they are fantastic, just listen to All Flesh Is Grass or the new album.....but I guess they will never become "big", they don´t make any compromises in their music and their image to be more commercial.

And they are great live band, Agnetes vocals are amazing, she can express all kinds of feelings with her voice.

agonija said:
Yes, this band is really underrated, it is strange, but most of the metal fans that I know never heard of Madder Mortem............they are fantastic, just listen to All Flesh Is Grass or the new album.....but I guess they will never become "big", they don´t make any compromises in their music and their image to be more commercial.

And they are great live band, Agnetes vocals are amazing, she can express all kinds of feelings with her voice.
that's what music it's about stay true to yerself:headbang:

agonija said:
Yeah, though i think mabe with their next album they will reach out to a bigger audience. Its said to be more basic songstructures then.
And no, i really, really don't think they are gonna sell out. Just do it a bit different, basically. Like with what Katatonia did when moving from BMD to DO perhaps.

I really do adore their debut, Mercury...I wish they could have produced another album in that same mood but the newer stuff is really excellent experimental yet accessible - something that's quite hard to achieve. they arent gothic metal, nu metal, prog or heavy metal but all of the above, that's why I like em.

LifeDepraved said:
Wow. This is the weirdest shit I've ever heard. I like it a lot!!! What a killer voice!!! AYE!
You're listening to Desiderata? Its pretty weird at first, but once you start grasping it, it grows into a monster!

And yeah, Agnete has the best female voice in metal, i think. One of my favourite vocalists regardless of gender, actually.

daimonion said:
And yeah, Agnete has the best female voice in metal, i think. One of my favourite vocalists regardless of gender, actually.
100% AGREEMENT!!!

good to see, some people here have good taste...

dont mean to bugger people, but, what exactly can be considered "GOOD TASTE" !?!?!?!?!?!?? who has the right to impose a view or clame some people's taste is good! so other's is not? how can you tell???

sorry, had to get it out of my system....

hugot said:
dont mean to bugger people, but, what exactly can be considered "GOOD TASTE" !?!?!?!?!?!?? who has the right to impose a view or clame some people's taste is good! so other's is not? how can you tell???

sorry, had to get it out of my system....
For the most part its a way to express "you like the same stuff as me, and i think thats cool."