Madder Mortem - Opeth Support

Nov 23, 2002
MADDER MORTEM on tour with OPETH!!!
All over Europe in February/March 2003.

We're really exited about going on tour with Opeth, one of todays finest metal bands in our opinion!

I think this will be a perfect match for us musically and hopefully also funwise.

Hm, not sure if anyone's posted about this before....can I have some info on Madder Mortem please?

Madder Mortem are a very unique band. They started off as a 3rd and the Mortal type of band, but now play a very unpredicatable style of "gothic" metal with 7 string guitars. Great female lead vocals.

Rumour has it that Mikael adores them, and rightly so!

Later,

I bought Deadlands recently, excellent album.

I suppose the easiest way to describe them would be like a heavier and darker version of Lacuna Coil, only they're a lot better and don't have those shitty male vocals which LC insist on ruining their songs with!

Originally posted by Kveldssanger
I think that their first album, "Mercury", was black metal, however since I don't own i can't say for sure... The other two are certainly not black metal.

Mercury is the same style as All Flesh is Grass but with softer guitar production so it doesn't come across as heavy, but more standard 'gothic metal' stuff...

i have seen them in milano yesterday and i find them interesting....

the sound was horrible so i have no good idea of their technical capabilities!

however i enjoy them ....

maybe i'll buy albums...

they seem like darkthrone goes progressive...

:lol:

They're not bad... but no way they're better than Lacuna Coil... just compare the music in itself... Madder Mortem uses almost exclusively nu metal type riffs

Not really, I mean there also some Morbid Angel typ riffs in there, and the singer has got one hell of a voice.Checkout the songs 'Rut Cleansing' or 'Faceless' Excellent stuff.