Madfest Metal Monday in Kansas City

Dolamite S. Biffle

Biffliest Person Ever
May 2, 2005
Atlantis
As some of u know I do a dj thing on Monday nights. This Monday I am doing a Madfest theme, but I only have acquired albums by three groups. If bands would like to send me an MP3 they would like to get played please let me know.

Monday July 9 2007

In honor of me attending TEXAS MADFEST. this coming weekend I will be playing select songs from the bands that I have a recording of as well as some other stuff. As of right now I only have recordings from DARK EMPIRE, MEYVN, and OUTWORLD. If the other bands would like their music played shoot me an email with a MP3 attached.

DARK EMPIRE - features Matt Moliti (Yngvai X) on guitar and Jens Carlsson (SAVAGE CIRCUS, PERSUADER) on vocals. A great mix of Power, Thrash, and Prog.

MEVYN - a fairly new band that will be a force to be reckoned with for sure. They are playing PROGPOWER EUROPE this year and have just released a great album "Splintered Skies"

OUTWORLD
- features Rusty Cooley on guitar and new vocalist Carlos Zema (VOUGAN). Played the PROGPOWER PRE-PARTY 2005 and totally blew me away.

Some other bands that I playing are:

NUCLEAR BLAST ALL STARS - an album like the ROADRUNNER UNITED, but with Peavy Wagner (RAGE) doing the music. The question is which vocalist have I chosen?

TURISAS - they define themselves as Battle Metal, which basically is comprised of a little bit of Folk with Death Metal vocals. I think they sound quite similar to any of the Viking Metal acts such as AMON AMARTH or THYRFING.

VAINGLORY - a female fronted Heavy Metal/Power Metal band with an unbelievably strong voice. They just played Swordlord's FLIGHT OF THE VALKYRIES FESTIVAL in Minneapolis.

So let me know what you guys think about what I have selected and if u happen to live in the area please let me if you need directions to the club.

As some of u know I do a dj thing on Monday nights. This Monday I am doing a Madfest theme, but I only have acquired albums by three groups. If bands would like to send me an MP3 they would like to get played please let me know.

CONGRATS bro! Is this on the internet as well? or just local?

VAINGLORY - a female fronted Heavy Metal/Power Metal band with an unbelievably strong voice. They just played Swordlord's FLIGHT OF THE VALKYRIES FESTIVAL in Minneapolis.

and let me state I am proud to be working with Vainglory as their Regional Promotions Agent. :D

Just local, but I might be able to figure out a way to make it on the internet.

Nice idea my friend!!!

Hmm... if you could have the station record it onto disc (or preferably in a digital format) and then find a place to host it (maybe we can on our site since we don't have much taking up space) then it could be distributed or listened to.. just not live. Let us know what happens! I'd love to hear the show! Thanks for doing this - that's totally awesome!

p.s. - Congrats HOYT!!

What address should I send some songs to? How many songs would you like me to send you? I would like thank all of you that have been playing Six Minute Century on your programs, and promoting this show ahead of time, and look forward to meeting you all in person. Hope you all are ready!!!!!
Don LaFon
Six Minute Century

Here is the set list from last night:

1. Outworld – The Never
2. Nuclear Blast All Stars – A Perfect Day (ft. Andi Deris)
3. Mindflow – Upload - Spirit
4. Vainglory – Burndead
5. Meyvn – Answer Me
6. Turisas – Cursed By Iron
7. Six Minute Century – Under The Moonlight
8. Aghora – Moksha
9. Prymary – Oceans of Insolence
10. Division By Zero – Arachion
11. Krucible – Reborn
12. At Vance - Shiver
13. Dark Empire – Distant Tides
14. Falconer – Northwind