Maiden Albums

Mountain Man

Blow It All To Hell!
Feb 24, 2002
West Virginia
:eek:
Even though Killers has greast music, I don't like Paul's singing on it, so don't own it. I have the Number of the Beast through Seventh Son album & Brave New World. I just can't stand when Maiden changed there classic lineup. Bruce left and there guitarist changed, in return nothing seemed or sounded right to me. That's just my take on it. I'm just glad the good ol' lineup is back. Whadda ya think? :confused:

i like everything that has bruce on it. paul dianno is ok but Blaze is fuckin terrible

I think every Maiden album is good in some way or another.. even the "low period" stuff (late 80's early 90's)... if you can't find something you like in an entire album then are you really a fan? Don't get me wrong I'm not advocating acceptance of something for no merit, I'm just surprised so many people bag certain albums and periods of maiden.. I kind of find it a bit weird.

I use to bag Blaze (like many other people did) but recently I've re-listened to X-Factor & V.11 and regardless of the poor mixing etc he actually sounds reasonably good. I admit he's no Bruce and he does not even have Dianno's raw qualities. I still believe they could have done much worse, there's so many BAD "cookie monster" vocalists out there...!

I have heard a few bootlegs with Blaze and I could barely hear him, there's no questioning he lacks the raw power of Bruce. In his defence who the hell can sing like Bruce... maybe 5 - 10 people? I cant even sing as well as Blaze !

Well thats it.. nuff said.

the music on the two blaze albums is good but the singing does nothing for me. and about the late 80's early 90's "low period", i reckon they made some of there best stuff around then

Late 80s Maiden rocks I think hehe.

And there's some great stuff on No Prayer and Fear too... I much prefer that than the Blaze material.

'The X Factor' is one of, if not my favourite Maiden album. I think Blaze is a much better singer than Dianno, and has just as much going for him as Bruce IMO. He has matured and developed his voice heaps since TXF album. If you check out either of the two B L A Z E albums, you will see how powerfull his voice has become.
I think Blaze's voice suits the whole vibe of TXF better than Bruce's would have, and adds to the dark feel of the album.
On the other hand, 'Virtual XI' is one of my least favourite Maiden albums. I like alot of the material on it, but it just doesn't gel as an album.

My problem with NPFTD is the production. It has some great songs on it, but they just sound bad. The live versions of "Tailgunner", "Holy Smoke" and "The Assassin" that I have on the tour version of 'Fear of the Dark' are amazing, probably the best live Maiden material I have heard. Aaahhh well....

Iron Maiden is Iron Maiden but what makes it to me is the Vocalist, each have its own qualities . You can't get better than Bruce , but Paul seems better on the earlier tracks and then Blaze come into his own on the latter ALBUMS , but i must say Bruce appears to be the Better of the Vocalists IMO.
THE DEBATE WILL LIVE LONG
UP THJE IRONS

each vocalist is different so each different album is different, so really i cant compare the albums with different vocalists personally..tho the bruce set of albums are my fav..