Your ranking of the Maiden albums

I eventually did this in the General Metal Discussion section:

I finally uh, drummed up the fortitude to evaluate Maiden. I stuck to the ones I'd heard in full before. I have a few favourite 'hits' from Bruce but mostly I find his voice annoying and a full album is always a struggle. Piece of Mind is their 80s album that goes horribly wrong for me as I don't really care for any of the songs on it.

Though half the time it's not the vocals that make or break the songs for me, it's the lyrics... and the repetition thereof. Virtual XI would be a lot more tolerable if not for that one thing. The X Factor is such a refreshing listen after a bukkake of Bruce. If you're gonna repeat a lyric over and over, at least make it a good one like "your time will come" on The Wicker Man. In the past I would've rated BNW a bit higher just based on that one song.

1. Iron Maiden
2. Killers
3. The Number of the Beast
4. Somewhere in Time
5. Powerslave
6. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
7. The X Factor
8. Brave New World
9. Dance of Death
10. Piece of Mind
11. Fear of the Dark
12. No Prayer for the Dying
13. Virtual XI
14. A Matter of Life and Death

It's amusing to see people ranked AMoLaD so highly when it was relatively new. It's the one on my list that I'll gladly avoid hearing again. I realised I'd taken a step too far as it's just too much for me and I can see the albums all get longer from there. Jesus.

Fuck this is a hard one. I'll do a "I'm tired and I wanna go to bed so I'll do it quickly and hope the teacher accepts it" version:

1. Somewhere in Time
2 (but could also be 1 some days). Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
3. Powerslave
4. Number of the Beast
5. Piece of Mind
6. Iron Maiden
7. Brave New World
8. Fear of the Dark
9. Killers
10. No Prayer for the Dying
11. eesh... it all gets pretty muddy from this point. *hand wave* The rest of them in some order.

The Blaze ones are right near the bottom, though (which is a shame, I like Blaze and his solo stuff was awesome, but he wasn't a good fit for 'Arry's writing), and it all got kind of lazy sounding in general. I don't think I've listened to Senjutsu more than twice at the very most, and probably some songs on it not even that much. As much as I think Blaze sounds out of place for Maiden, you can tell he was trying. Bruce sounded like he was just passing the studio on the way to the cafe to get a bag of chips and accidentally sung over some band who were still trying to work out how to play their songs.

Reactions: Bloopy