maiden @ donnington

skinthrapper

paradiddle
Dec 4, 2006
heanor
a up you guys,sorry about the grammer or mistake"a bit feeling unrocked",we all know about the possibility about maiden @ donnington, but has anyone else heard the possability of maiden and some other 80s class acts useing the download stage a week before download to have a concert all to themselfs ie a revisit to donnington as it use to be,if so i would appreciate the promoters getting hold of saxon and some of the other bands who played on the very first gig "when you wish upon a star".cheers :OMG:

a up you guys,sorry about the grammer or mistake"a bit feeling unrocked",we all know about the possibility about maiden @ donnington, but has anyone else heard the possability of maiden and some other 80s class acts useing the download stage a week before download to have a concert all to themselfs ie a revisit to donnington as it use to be,if so i would appreciate the promoters getting hold of saxon and some of the other bands who played on the very first gig "when you wish upon a star".cheers :OMG:

A bill of -

Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Motorhead
Saxon
UFO
Girlschool

might be quite nice! I personally would have Saxon headlining, and definately above Judas Priest and Motorhead. But I suppose if we are playing 'How big is yours', then that's the order the bands would be. I was referring to size of the bands (popularity wise) if anyone was wondering! :rolleyes:

A nice (British) line up of 80's nostalgia!

And yours would be..........

Not judging by the size of venues that the two bands have played in this country over the last few years. Maybe in the early 80's, but not now.

Pax,how so? I saw UFO at Manchester Apollo and Saxon at Rios in Bradford recently. And at the risk of inflaming our American cousins UFO can still undertake a US tour. (Sorry guys,I know it's a sensitive subject!)

Maiden just said they hadn't ruled out playing a field this year,yes Donington possibley been the main place to have it,but like i said in an earlier post unless they have a strong line up,then i will forget it...you know Trivium will be on the bill,as well as Steve's daughter....other bands wouldn't like to guess!!!

The latest Donnington rumours about the line-up are these bands are gonny play:-

Iron Maiden, Aerosmith, My Chemical Romance, Tool, Heaven And Hell and Machine Head.

What you think of that then????????????

Sounds ok to me.I just can't afford these 3 day things anymore.I used to love Monsters Of Rock as 1 dat event.I went '87 and '88.I have been to reading(tshirt festival:lol: ) and went to glasto 3 times.But things like Ozfest are great. 1 day 2 stages(or 1) everything is compact and you don't miss anyone because some other band is playing a fucking tent at the same time.

I don't think Maiden would a british only gig with old bands.They would see it as step back.I don't think Priest would either.

Like the Machine head rumour but I'm with Wilks I can't do the the three day thingy anymore too many other commitments ! :saint: Let alone the cost !

I did do two days at Download the other year when Lars went missing but I spent two days running between three stages, over those two days 60 bands played I saw 7 ! The ones I saw were great but it was hardwork ! :zombie: