Saxon for Donnington?

CONQUISTADOR

Sep 20, 2002
Edinburgh
Visit site
If the rumours are true and the mighty Maiden ressurect Donnington this year, I pray that Saxon are on the Bill!
Maybe with Motorhead, Halford and Sabbath to give a Brittish Metal lineup.

Yeh I agree Eagle, it would be awsome though, a fantasy line up for myself. If Maiden do do Donnington :) it must at least include Saxon in the line-up and not Sum41, but money talks and the latter are probably a bigger draw. Bastard. Oh well I'll doubtless be a Donnington and Bloodstalk and have a fucking great time anyway!

OK IT SHOULD BE LIKE THIS.
IRON MAIDEN(2 HOURS)
PRIEST(2 HOURS)
SAXON(3 HOURS)
MOTORHEAD
VENOM
GIRLSCHOOL

STAGE 2
DIAMONDHEAD
TOPT
TANK
BLITZKRIEG
SPIDER

STAGE 3(NEXT TO THE SHITTERS)
M/M SAXON(1 MIN):lol:

i heard on the grape vine that olive oil and doppy dawson will be signing autographs in the gents bogs at donnington so we could all go along get one then at least we would have something to wipe our arses on afterwards.

according to www.metalhammer.co.uk, industrial insiders have predicted that Slipknot will be Maiden's main support at Donnington at the end of may. i have to say that i would prefer someone like Saxon, Priest or Halford supporting (or all 3)

Wouldn’t surprise me at all! Maiden are now just out to get all they can and sadly bands like Slipknott, Limp Biscuit and Sum51 draw more crowds because they're so kewl cos they're on the kerrang channel. I just hope that's there adequate skateboard parking at Castle Donnington.

I wouldn't say I'm a big Sum41 fan, but I do quite like them. They are big Iron Maiden fans and do a couple of Iron Maiden covers live as well. So I wouldn't be at all surprised if Maiden do tour with Sum41. And what better way for Iron Maiden to cash in eh?

Listening to Dickinsons rockshow on saturday, hints were again dropped about a two day UK festival, with Maiden headlining sat 31st May and Metallica on the Sunday. This will leave room for about five or six bands each day and while I agree with all the comments about commercial decisions dictating the line-up, I still hope that there is room for Saxon and a few other old-school favourites too.