Saxon supporting Motorhead?

nightwar said:
Motorheid - never heard of 'In Flames'. Any good, do you you know?

Bert - I've heard good things about that movie. And of Motorhead are on there, it has to be a MUST to see! What track is it?

Mind you, it would be great to have a festival with all the classic metal acts wouldn't it? No new crap - just stuff that originated from the 70's! Imagine a bill of Priest, Maiden, Saxon, Motorhead, Sabbath and Purple! Bloody amazing!
Well, I can only but dream....
I liked the idea of aclassic rock festival.My dream bill would be
Black Sabbath
Deep Purple Mk2
Iron Maiden (with Dickinson)
Judas Priest
Thin Lizzy
Ac/Dc (with Bon Scott)well it is a dream bill
Rainbow (with Dio)
Motorhead
Saxon
Just imagine all those egos on one bill!
Anybody else got a dream festival line up

nightwar said:
Motorheid - never heard of 'In Flames'. Any good, do you you know?

Yeah, They rock. Heavy and melodic. A lot of the NWOAHM bands like "avenged sevenfold" and "Killswitch engage" have copied their style.

Check them out here.

http://www.inflames.com/

I would reccomend "colony" if you want to check them out :headbang:

MIdnightrider - I think you got my dream festival in one go! Even down to Bon coming back from the grave! Brian Johnson can come on for the encore!
I think Rush would have to be in there for me. And a small setlist from ZZ Top would be cool!
And I think we have missed out one major act for a super dream festival - Led Zepp!

nightwar said:
MIdnightrider - I think you got my dream festival in one go! Even down to Bon coming back from the grave! Brian Johnson can come on for the encore!
I think Rush would have to be in there for me. And a small setlist from ZZ Top would be cool!
And I think we have missed out one major act for a super dream festival - Led Zepp!
I know i missed loads of bands out that i love,but hey you cant have everything

How old is lemmy ? like 60? Awesome guy, never really liked motorhead much but its great they are still flying thier flag !

:headbang:

Silent wars !

Valanx - yeah, I think Lemmy has now hit 61! Considering his lifestyle, he is looking bloody great! He will definately not be used for a Government anti-drugs & alcahol campaign!
Motorhead are great and I'm now going to have to pursue a ticket for this gig! But it will seem weird to see Biff as a support act!
However, Motorhead is one act I need to see before they call it a day, and their new album 'Inferno' is excellent!

I hear ya nightwar!

And yeah Fingers, Arch Enemy are amazing! Angelas vocals are simply mind blowing!!!

I saw Motorhead at Nottingham Rock City last year so i thought i`d give this 30th anniversary bash a miss. Trouble is now Saxon have confirmed i want to go. but i think you`ll find the gig is a sell out.

Some seats left according to the blokes on the Motorhead web site.

Ebays the best bet!

Girlschool,Saxon Motorhead. Should be a belter

I',m in London on a conference those 2 days. First class travel, 4 star hotel witha top gig chucked in!

Cheers for the eBay update, Gregger - I've never had any problems with ticket sellers on eBay. By the way - what an excellent time to visit London! Enjoy yourself!
Lizzie, I know exactly what you mean. All the artists I listen to these days are at "Grandparent" age! But this just make's 'em cooler for me!
Besides, these guys are still rocking better than the kids' stuff these days, and there is a humour there that is entirely absent with the new-age Metal bands!
And, regarding MotorHead - yeah, I prefer Saxon. After all, they are my favourite band! But MotorHead do Rock big Time! Also, if you listen to the 'Wheels Of Steel' album, there is a definate Motorhead influence in the sound and structure of the songs. I think that Graham Oliver was into Motorhead alot. Much of his stuff has a MotorHead vibe to its guitar style. There have also been several Saxon songs that, I suspect, were composed by Graham with blatant, Motorhead inspired riffs.

Yeah~ :headbang:

I'll go to Sweden Rock Festival and then London
for Motorhead's 30th Ann. gig From JAPAN

Rockn' Roll "Bombers" & True Metal "Eagles" Join Again !

And also

Great Reunion "Motorschool" for special one night !

those gig will be super show !

Denim & Leather Rule :hotjump:

Fair play Saxon-Japan if you get over to Solvesborg and London. I've always fancied going to Japan for a gig,especially a Priest gig. Maybe one day. This year I'm heading off to Athens for the Rockwave Festival. It's basically the Ozzfest lineup (Sabs,VR,BLS etc) but in glorious sunshine and ,hopefully, no cheese and tomato sandwiches or bottles of piss! I'm combining it with a week's holiday on a Greek island. :headbang: I'm not one for lazing in the sun so try and arrange holidays wherever there's a gig. I've been round Germany a couple of times and seen Saxon,Aerosmith,AC/DC,UFO and Deep Purple whilst there. I've been to Paris (Aerosmith) and Ghent (KISS) and NYC (Aerosmith again!). You see,if it wasn't for R'n'R I'd probably only get as far as Scarborough! Is Max Jaffa still going? :D

Nice one, Bert - I'm exactly the same! I need a decent reason to leave my flat, let alone Country!!!
Saxon-Japan - welcome to the forum, My Good Man! It's going to be great to read your views on Saxon/Metal-related topics in the future!