Saxon supporting Motorhead?

Girlschool are still around ??!?!?! holy f**k! they must be getting on....... a bit old for school methinks, maybe they should refer to themselves as 'Granschool' in case they get done for a trade descriptions violation lol

In that case it must surely be 'our Saxon' be one hell of a night im sure!!!

Saxon and Motorhead are booked on different nights at the Chicago USA House of Blues. If they all do show up on one of the nights together I hope it is properly advertised here in states.

Cheers!

I was checking out the Motorhead site last yesterday.
The last I hear was that there is a Anniversary 'Bomber' tour and Lemmy mentioned that Girlschool are still doing their stuff and would be interested in working together.
However, there was nothing about involvment from Biff or any other Saxon related artists.
It would be a bloody great night though, wouldn't it!!

Saxon were the support I think on the Motorhead Bomber tour and subsequently Motorhead did a one off gig 15 years ago at Hammy O with Saxon supporting.

So yes maybe they are going to do a big old NWOBHM gig!

And yes this gig is billed as the 30th Anniversay Motorhead Bomber show.

Well, looks very unlikely for June but Motorhead have announced a tour in November and it's been reported that Lemmy was very keen to get Saxon as a support for the original 30th Anniversary gig, so who knows?

I thought I'd treat myself to the Brixton date but the tickets are £32!! THIRTY TWO FUCKING QUID!!!!! :erk: Now, don't get me wrong, I like Motorhead but £32!!!
:OMG:

Hey, Papa L! I know - £32 is a stack of cash! But this is bloody MotorHead!

Although, you have to ask why is this gig so much per ticket?

To me, 32 quid is probably worth it, but on a business-side, you have to ask why the price is this high? After all, how much is the usual ticket for this kind of gig and venue?

Gregger, my Man! It seems that Saxon have a whole load of unscheduled gigs! To see Biff and Lemmy during the same night would be fantastic, but I'm concerned about all these supposed contracted performances of Saxon, considering Biff's recent situation.

I can assure you that enquiries are now being made.

Whilst we wait for these results to arrive, I suggest that you contact "Stargreen" and request a confirmation that the official 'Saxon' are performing at the function you have purchased tickets for, and if possible, have that confirmation in writing.

Anyone see Motorhead performing live on Wrestlemania, a pretty good rendition of that song that the musclebound fool called 'triple H' uses called "The Game"

whatever happened to wrestling huh? Its just so lame these days!! Mind you at always was! Still at least the ageing 'Immortal' Hulkster put in an appearance (pretty fuckin funny to see after 3 litres of cheap ass cider!!) and there was some decent babes on the go too! All in all 3 hours of my life completly wasted, nothing new there though :p

Thanks for that, Lizzie - I am pretty keen to see Lemmy and Co, so if you know a decent place to get tickets, let me know, OK?
Mr Valanx, My Good Man! - No, wrestling never did it for me either! I have childhood memories of watching Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks kicking the crap out of each other on Saturday afternoon TV (after Tizwas) but that's about it!
I did read that alot of Motorhead stuff was used in WWF and caught some the other day on Sky One. I recognised a Lemmy tune immediately!
Mind you, it's a great way to advertise and promote your music, ain't it? Biff ought to look into it!!
About wasted time, Valanx - don't worry, Mate. TV does seem so much better after a measured dose of medicinal alcohol! It kind of expands your mind and assists in causing even the most awful late night TV to be, intriguing, inspirational and educational! This just has to be a good thing!!

It is Motorheads 30th anniversary but Bomber is only 25 years old so I don't know what's happening! I'd like to see 'em both together again. If Motorhead are having the Bomber rig can Saxon bring the Saxon album cover backdrop? :hotjump:

"In Flames" are one of the support bands for the 30th anniversary UK tour with Motorhead in november. Saxon on the bill too would be fantastic.

Motorheid - never heard of 'In Flames'. Any good, do you you know?

Bert - I've heard good things about that movie. And of Motorhead are on there, it has to be a MUST to see! What track is it?

Mind you, it would be great to have a festival with all the classic metal acts wouldn't it? No new crap - just stuff that originated from the 70's! Imagine a bill of Priest, Maiden, Saxon, Motorhead, Sabbath and Purple! Bloody amazing!
Well, I can only but dream....

nightwar said:
Motorheid - never heard of 'In Flames'. Any good, do you you know?

Bert - I've heard good things about that movie. And of Motorhead are on there, it has to be a MUST to see! What track is it?

Mind you, it would be great to have a festival with all the classic metal acts wouldn't it? No new crap - just stuff that originated from the 70's! Imagine a bill of Priest, Maiden, Saxon, Motorhead, Sabbath and Purple! Bloody amazing!
Well, I can only but dream....
I saw In flames at Wacken they were good.They were playing a headlining set with tons of pyro.They are quite a heavy band,but they do have a sense of Melody.I can recommend Clayman,Or Reroute To Remain are a couple of their best albums.Check them out if you get a chance,before you see them live.