Maiden Early Years DVD

Greeno said:
I thought the Rio dvd was fantastic.
Yea me too, Bruce is really strong during that concert! And I'd rather have both DVD's than just one. But I have to say that the Maiden Early years pt I DVD is absolutely fantastic!! I just love it. It's like a dream come true for me. For instance I love the way Paul shines during his performances.

Its a chance for those who have never seen Maiden with him to experience how powerful Maiden was in their early days. And the footage of the Ruskin Arms is awesome!

This is an amazing dvd and I have watched in non stop since I got it. Can't wait for the next one when they continue into albums like Powerslave, Somewhere In Time, and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son.

Has there been any word on what will be on the next one? I hope the Live After Death vid is on it.

TheGraveDigger said:
This is an amazing dvd and I have watched in non stop since I got it. Can't wait for the next one when they continue into albums like Powerslave, Somewhere In Time, and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son.

(drools)

:D

Greeno said:
Has there been any word on what will be on the next one? I hope the Live After Death vid is on it.

Holy shit! That is defo NEEDED!!!!!!

Hawk said:
I love the way Paul shines during his performances.

Its a chance for those who have never seen Maiden with him to experience how powerful Maiden was in their early days. And the footage of the Ruskin Arms is awesome!
Agreed. As I grow older, I tend to think that the Di'Anno era Maiden records are aging better than the Bruce era. That may sound odd - and I still do love everyone of those 80s Bruce records - but the 1st two are quite unique.

Nothing out there comes close to sounding like them. Many bands attempted to copy the Bruce-era style, but the Paul era is.....well, one-of-a-kind.

SoundMaster said:
Agreed. As I grow older, I tend to think that the Di'Anno era Maiden records are aging better than the Bruce era. That may sound odd - and I still do love everyone of those 80s Bruce records - but the 1st two are quite unique.

Nothing out there comes close to sounding like them. Many bands attempted to copy the Bruce-era style, but the Paul era is.....well, one-of-a-kind.
Come to think of it, I agree with you. I am obsessed with the Bruce era of the 80's but the Di'Anno is one of a kind. Nicely put.

Greeno said:

Of course, that's the whole point of the series. :)
The pt.2 will contain Live After Death, pt.3 probably Maiden England and so on.
Smallwood talked about an extensive Maiden retrospective DVD series and we're sure gonna get them... ;)
I'm even more into unreleased stuff (such as Ruskin Arms gig) than LAD or ME.

SoundMaster said:

You see one of my frustrations with people who were bashing Paul was that most of them never saw him live.

I really do believe that this DVD sets the record strait on how good Paul was live. And then you are still missing his interaction with the crowd.

He would fool around and make jokes and talk to people or about them. It was as if he drew the crowd into the atmosphere of the concert. I wish I could see Maiden one more time with Paul as he was then. He changed a lot through the years...