Maiden headlining Download

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
Amazing how much can happen in a short space of time. Up until Wednesday afternoon I 100% wasn't going to Download in 2013, but then I saw that flights were quite cheap. And then this morning Iron Maiden were the first headliners announced.

So yeah, I'm doing Download again next year. Sweet. I'm also finally seeing Rush for the first time, after 16 years of waiting in vain for them to tour Australia. I'll be seeing them in Amsterdam.

I like music.

I have friends who have been to six Downloads and only two of them have been mudfests.

I'll be able to handle Download so much better next year after what I've decided was a dress rehearsal this year. I now know what to do and not to do, etc. Really looking forward to it.

Re: third headliner, the following photo is doing the rounds. If it's fake then it looks pretty good.

NYYwX.jpg

Good stuff Spiff, An ex co-worker of mine who's travelling around Europe and will most probably be in the UK come June next year, in which case he'll be almost certain to go to Download. Like me he saw Iron Maiden at SW11 for the Final Frontier tour and he even went to their side show.

Also, there's numerous months before June, so I'm tipping there'll be further Maiden England dates prior June, I'm hoping around Feb/March for Aussie dates (since those were the months they toured downunder for both Somewhere Back In Time and Final Frontier).