Maiden Heaven: A Tribute to Iron Maiden

A7

Live to Win
Feb 9, 2008
Makati, Philippines
www.myspace.com
I'm surprised no one talked about this yet:

Kerrang! is releasing a new Iron Maiden tribute album titled Maiden Heaven, featuring Metallica, Black Tide, Coheed and Cambria, Dream Theater and more. It will be included with Issue #1219 on July 16.

maidenheaven_350x350.jpg

Track Listing
01. Black Tide - Prowler
02. Metallica - Remember Tomorrow
03. Avenged Sevenfold - Flash Of The Blade
04. Glamour Of The Kill - 2 Minutes To Midnight
05. Coheed And Cambria - The Trooper
06. Devildriver - Wasted Years
07. Sign - Run To The Hills
08. Dream Theater - To Tame A Land
09. Madina Lake - Caught Somewhere In Time
10. Gallows - Wrathchild
11. Fightstar - Fear Of The Dark
12. Machine Head - Hallowed Be Thy Name
13. Trivium - Iron Maiden
14. Year Long Disaster - Running Free
15. Ghostlines - Brave New World

Maiden Heaven Artists and Track Listing Revealed!

So many people think that is serious!! I mean come on!!! I can play the Run To The Hills intro on guitar, bass and drums so if I can do it, they certainly can!!!

There are audio clips up. Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, Coheed & Cambria and Machine Head's are all great, Trivium's is not bad but could be better and Gallows is just god awful!! The song is barely recognisable!! Ugh!

So many people think that is serious!! I mean come on!!! I can play the Run To The Hills intro on guitar, bass and drums so if I can do it, they certainly can!!!

There are audio clips up. Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, Coheed & Cambria and Machine Head's are all great, Trivium's is not bad but could be better and Gallows is just god awful!! The song is barely recognisable!! Ugh!

I would think these bands would stick to the maiden style and flavor... hmmm
that sucks.

Will this be available other places besides Karrang? Our PX doesnt seel it and i would really love to get a copy.

DuckJr

Didn't think people took that seriously!:lol: I kinda thought Metallica didn't care too much for Maiden, though. Was it a friendly dig at them?

Didn't think people took that seriously!:lol: I kinda thought Metallica didn't care too much for Maiden, though. Was it a friendly dig at them?

People have - very seriously!:lol:

Hell no, they are all HUGE Maiden fans!! Lars' favourite song is Aces High and I've seen them jamming on Prowler, Remember Tomorrow, Iron Maiden, Running Free, Invaders and Run To The Hills live. They love them! :kickass:

I am willing to pay good moeny for someone to pick this up for me and mail it to me. I can do paypal all day long. Send me a message. Thanks.

DuckJr

I would think these bands would stick to the maiden style and flavor... hmmm
that sucks.

Hmmm...I would like to hear this, just to see how other bands play and sing Maiden songs/music, then I can sit back and say to myself...

":yell:" THANK F%#K THERE'S ONLY ONE IRON MAIDEN.

s**t, s**t, s**t, s**t Hmmmm...but it has a nice cover :saint:

OH...That was NOT having ago at THE IRON MAIDENS :headbang: :kickass:

Ok, here's my verdict on the cd.

Black Tide - Prowler

Pretty damn good, cool harmonies added into the main riff. Impressive considering how young they are.

Metallica - Remember Tomorrow

What can I say! Absolutely amazing!! Love the arrangement of it. James sounds better than he has in years!

Avenged Sevenfold - Flash Of The Blade

Great cover but I don't know what the hell he's singing when he's meant to be singing "In a corner forgotten by no-one".

Glamour Of The Kill - Two Minutes To Midnight

Like the way it starts. The vocals sound like they're almost electronic in bits. Never heard of the band so don't know their style, but quite liked this.

Coheed & Cambria - The Trooper

Slower than the original but that make it sounds quite cool. Not a fan of this band as they bore me to tears but this was pretty good.

Devildriver - Wasted Years

This surprised me at first, Dez actually does not a bad job on the vocals for the first few lines. Not used to understanding what he's singing!! I think he should have kept up the singing thoughout the song cos he sounded ok until he started roaring and Maiden should not be screamed!!!

Sign - Run To The Hills

What...the...fuck??? Is this the same song that I've been listening to for god knows how many years?? Um...no! Same lyrics but COMPLETELY different vocal melody and music. Not even a hint of that drum intro either!! I had pre-judged this version on the fact that I saw these guys supporting Skid Row last year and they were the worst support band I have ever seen in my life. Weirdly enough tho, I don't hate this, it's ok but to me it's not a Maiden cover. It's a completely new song using the lyrics of Run To The Hills.

Dream Theater - To Tame A Land

A faithful version, but I just hate that song - sorry!

Madina Lake - Caught Somewhere In Time

Why the fuck does Kerrang get bands to cover songs that they can't possibly have the ability to play, so they have to completely change the song beyond all recognition?? I think the only barely recognisable bit of the song was 2 seconds of the intro riff played on a piano at the start.

Gallows - Wrathchild

OK, have these guys actually heard this song?? I really don't think so. Fucking AWFUL!!!

Fightstar - Fear Of The Dark

This is pretty good actually. Charlie's voice really suits the low part of the song.

Machine Head - Hallowed Be Thy Name

Robb's voice is amazing in this!!! When it kicks in, it's a little slow but it but I still love this version of it. Can't believe he nails the high notes at the end of the song - never heard him singing like that before. Was kinda disappointed when he started roaring it a bit just before the solos but on the whole, I love this version.

Trivium - Iron Maiden

Apart from the screaming bits in it, I really like this version.

Year Long Disaster - Running Free

The intro drums sound crap but get better as the song progresses. A pretty good cover, I liked it.

Ghostlines - Brave New World

Never heard of this band at all. Not very keen on this one. Changed the song into a ballad which I don't think worked very well in my opinion anyway. Makes the song sound boring, which the original certainly isn't. The solo is pretty cool tho.

I thought tributes were supposed to be a cover of the original and not making it into their own stuff. Thanks for the review, I do look forward to hearing it myself.

I did like the Blackest albums that covered metallica. But i also love techno as well, well more industrial.

DuckJr

I thought tributes were supposed to be a cover of the original and not making it into their own stuff. Thanks for the review, I do look forward to hearing it myself.

I did like the Blackest albums that covered metallica. But i also love techno as well, well more industrial.

DuckJr

Wasn't keen on The Blackest Album I must admit. I thought Sonata Arctica did a storming cover of Fade to Black. They made it their own without deviating from the original too much. Same when they did Die With Your Boots On.