Maiden Heaven

Power_Metal_Dom

Epic Metaller
Aug 8, 2006
Frankfurt, Germany
maidenheaven_350x350.jpg

Whoops this one seems to have slipped past me.

http://www.ironmaiden.com/index.php?categoryid=8&p2_articleid=939

Kerrang! have teamed up with Metallica, Machine Head, Trivium, Avenged Sevenfold and others for a Iron Maiden tribute album to be released with an issue of the mag on July 16th.

Track list is:

01, Black Tide - Prowler
02, Metallica - Remember Tomorrow
03, Avenged Sevenfold - Flash Of The Blade
04, Glamour Of The Kill - 2 Minutes To Midnight
05, Coheed And Cambria - The Trooper
06, Devildriver - Wasted Years
07, Sign - Run To The Hills
08, Dream Theater - To Tame A Land
09, Madina Lake - Caught Somewhere In Time
10, Gallows - Wrathchild
11, Fightstar - Fear Of The Dark
12, Machine Head - Hallowed Be Thy Name
13, Trivium - Iron Maiden
14, Year Long Disaster - Running Free
15, Ghostlines - Brave New World

All I can say is that apart from Metallica and Dream Theater this looks like a shower of shite murdering some much loved classics.

Yeah, I am sure Avenged Sevenfold just adore Iron Maiden.
They probably never even heard of the band until Maiden shirts popped up in HOT TOPIC stores.

I love Dream Theater, and they do one of the few Maiden songs I've never listened to? Fuck me.

Why are so many of the awesome songs being covered by fucking helmets?

Glamour of the Who? Coheed and Cumbria? "Sign?" Madina Lake? Trivium? Year Long Disaster? Ghostlines?

Just further proof Kerrang and all associated with it is utter wank. No wonder Download sucked this year.

Download traditionally has 12 different types of wank but with KISS, Judas Priest, Motörhead, Children Of Bodom and Saxon playing I'd say it was one of the better ones!

This CD interested me so much I went out and tried to buy Kerrang for the first time in many years the other week. Only then did I realise it is coming with a future issue. Doh!

I'm not too keen on some of the bands but I'm always interested in hearing songs I know well played differently. And Trivium did tour with Maiden, so I think they are justified in wanting to do a cover.

However, as someone on the Bloodstock forums said, a lot of these bands will now forever be known as 'that band wot covered 'x' by Iron Maiden.'

I think a few of them are going to be known as "that crap band" :lol: Anyway, enough of this criticism especially when a PQ version of CIPwM sounds EPIC! :headbang: Maybe an idea for that Bill + band first recording?

Download traditionally has 12 different types of wank but with KISS, Judas Priest, Motörhead, Children Of Bodom and Saxon playing I'd say it was one of the better ones!

I thought this year was the worst line-up i've seen so far tbh.

Last year's was better, and 2006's line-up blew away this year's. Being headlined by MCR was bad enough, but Lostprophets? :rolleyes:

Bands I'd mosey over n see at 2006: Metallica, Satyricon, GnR, DF, Opeth, DevilDriver, Lordi

Bands I'd mosey over n see at 2007: Velvet Revolver, DF, Megadeth, Slayer, Turisas, Maiden, Motley Crue, Dream Theater, Dimmu, Napalm Death, DevilDriver, RBF

Bands I'd mosey over n see at 2008: Kiss, Priest, Motorhead, Offspring, In Flames, Apocalyptica, Ace Frehley, Amon Amarth, Bodom, Firewind, Saxon

Fair enough, 07 just wins over 08. :)

Bands I'd mosey over n see at 2006: Metallica, Satyricon, GnR, DF, Opeth, DevilDriver, Lordi

Bands I'd mosey over n see at 2007: Velvet Revolver, DF, Megadeth, Slayer, Turisas, Maiden, Motley Crue, Dream Theater, Dimmu, Napalm Death, DevilDriver, RBF

Bands I'd mosey over n see at 2008: Kiss, Priest, Motorhead, Offspring, In Flames, Apocalyptica, Ace Frehley, Amon Amarth, Bodom, Firewind, Saxon

Fair enough, 07 just wins over 08. :)

For me it'd be (or indeed was, in the case of 06/07)

Bands I'd mosey over n see at 2006: Soulfly, Strapping Young Lad, Soil, Atreyu (even though they're gay :D), Metallica, Trivium (also gay), Avenged Sevenfold, Stone Sour, Alice in Chains, Arch Enemy, Satyricon, Down, Alter Bridge, Opeth, Billy Talent, Devildriver, SikTh, Guns N Roses, Bullet for my Valentine (gay), In Flames, Dragonforce, Hatebreed, Breed 77, Prodigy, Lordi, Mendeed, Darkest Hour, Evergrey and Zebrahead.

Bands I'd mosey over n see at 2007: Dragonforce, Megadeth, Porcupine Tree, From Autumn to Ashes, Turbonegro, Linkin Park, Slayer, Machine Head, Shaodws Fall, Turisas, Damone, Iron Maiden, Evanescence (missed most of them in favour of a better band), Killswitch Engage, Stone Sour, Lamb of God, Mastodon, Billy Talent, Dream Theatre, Dimmu Borgir, Paradise Lost and Devildriver.

Bands I'd mosey over n see at 2008: KISS, Priest, Rise Against, Zebrahead, Firewind, BFMV, Alter Bridge, Testament, In Flames, children of Bodom... and yeah, that's it.

And yet somehow the price has gone up for each year, despite 06 being vastly superior ! No surprise, however, that crowd size has gone down each year following 06. I've labelled some bands gay :D but even though they are gay I like some of their songs, so, i'd see them.

I know for a fact you didn't see Dragonforce and Evergrey because they put them on at the same time! Talk about a heartbreaking decision, that ruined my day!

Still, I enjoyed Download '06. Mainly because I got to see Alice in Chains who were phenomenal. When it comes to large-scale festivals like that though, it's always better to go to Europe where the ticket plus travel usually still works out cheaper, there are less idiots and more bands that I'm into!

Hey Steve, does that suggest you already have an arrangement for that song? If so, make us a bootleg! You know you want to. :D

QUANTIFIER ALERT: gay...in your opinion.

You wouldn't see Motley Crue, Saxon or Motorhead? And you'd see Metallica but not Apocalyptica? Each to their own I guess.

Pft I dunno about that.... I thought gay was the genre of those bands :D

Motley Crue and Saxon, no, don't interest me. Motorhead I've already seen a full headline set from, and I only really like the Ace of Spades, so again, nope.

Apocalyptica bore me to tears, no to the gimmick band too!

I know for a fact you didn't see Dragonforce and Evergrey because they put them on at the same time! Talk about a heartbreaking decision, that ruined my day!

Still, I enjoyed Download '06. Mainly because I got to see Alice in Chains who were phenomenal. When it comes to large-scale festivals like that though, it's always better to go to Europe where the ticket plus travel usually still works out cheaper, there are less idiots and more bands that I'm into!

Aye, however, both DF and Evergrey were bands I wanted to see and would 'mosey on over' to see, if possible. Obv clashes are sadly inevitable, and that was a pretty sad clash. Alice in Chains were awesome, but to be honest that entire Saturday was amazing... I stayed at main stage the entire day, practically epic bands all day ! The friday was the only day that let 06 down.

And yeah, European festivals are far superior, but in 06 I didn't have a whole lot of knowledge about festivals and the Download line-up was good enough for me. Could not say that about this year, but also am unable to go abroad due to financial restraints :(

I only just 'got' the title of this CD. God I'm slow.

So, who hated it then? :D

I actually thought most of it was okay, with the exception of Devildriver who murdered wasted years with shouty vocals and medina lake who apparently cant even make a decent song sound good...

Most impressive were Ghostlines' cover of Brave New World and though I wanted to dislike it, Gallows' version of Wrathchild.