Maiden support act announced

She just sounds like any other girl trying to sing rock. Unless you're Melissa Etheridge, Suze DeMarchi or a couple of others it just doesn't work.

Yeah there's three. Winmar and I had a couple of beers at the Royal Oak before the 06 Grand Final, but they're a little far from Acer (like an entire suburb away). The Brewery is the only place within walking distance. The good thing about the Oak is that it has a 24-hour license. The bad thing is that it's in Lidcombe.

(This is gonna sound weird, and I'm not going to make myself clear, but here goes: )

I think that to be a good rock singer, a woman has to be better than a man. That is, a man can have an average voice and still be a good rock singer. If a woman has an average voice then she won't be a good rock singer. Obviously I'm talking about "rock" voices here. Jimmy Barnes and Billy Idol - ordinary voices, but great rock singers. If you had a woman singing like Barnes it'd sound like cats mating.

There are obviously exceptions though. Bianca Butthole didn't have a good singing voice (at least that I've heard) but she had an awesome rock voice.

Yes, she is that bad to be honest -- the only reason she'd ever get a gig this size is simply because her dad runs the headline act. It's that simple. But you all knew that already :)

: puts on shocked look :
ShockedMonkey.jpg

Nobody has proved me wrong, though. Sure, some chicks can sing rock, but not many compared to the lads.

Good song, that one. I haven't heard it before.

Haven't heard it before ???:zombie:

It was on T.V. every single morning (for a period) when I was starting high school.

Yes, back in the day, we had music T.V. every morning, that showed at least the top 10.

Suzy Quattro and meatloaf on morning T.V. was a good start to the school day.