Mainstream Resistance forum back up on UM

you know what, msr has been around since 1996, and in 2005, if we want to play shadows fall or pantera, we will because we like them, and that is our opinion. We play everything and enjoy everything, and like the zine used to be, if you dont like something, dont listen to it. Turn the page....

Papa Josh said:
I don't recall shitting on RC or any of your ventures (Nasheim, Lethal, etc.) in this thread.... :rolleyes:
Neither do I! Must be because you haven't! Funny how things work out :)

Also, I wasn't shitting on anything, I'm just pointing out the funniness of calling something "Mainstream Resistance" only to apparently completely embrace the mainstream.

"Mainstream Resistance" doesn't necessarily have to be construed as resistance against the mainstream. Perhaps they're a mainstream organization or an organization which openly embraces the mainstream and they resist something which they failed to mention in their name.

:lol:

Yeah I noticed the name is vague sort of...they could be a resistance made up of or embracing the mainstream (there is no doubt a hanging modified there somewhere).

Erik said:
Neither do I! Must be because you haven't! Funny how things work out :)

Also, I wasn't shitting on anything, I'm just pointing out the funniness of calling something "Mainstream Resistance" only to apparently completely embrace the mainstream.

Don't quit your day job, you're not very funny. :loco:

For the record, when I started playing Pantera, and Shadows Fall for that matter, they weren't mainstream. And what I consider mainstream and what you consider mainstream are worlds apart.

But I take comfort in the fact that you know we played Pantera and Shadows Fall (a cover song, no less), means you must've listened to the episode! :D

I think in Erik's worldview, anything that attracts enough followers and makes them loyal enough to set up a radio station promoting it is mainstream.

The_Isle said:
I think in Erik's worldview, anything that attracts enough followers and makes them loyal enough to set up a radio station promoting it is mainstream.
I think in my worldview, you ought to shut the fuck up and let me speak for myself