Major PAGAN ALTAR drama!

hahahahaah this is super hilarious. It is a good read. Too bad we will never know who is really telling the truth on this. I love when bands air thier dirty laundry....most people dont realize that most band members hate each other. So many bands that I have met I have seen this. Sure there are the rare ones that really have that great connection but in reality....people are always going to talk shit and crack on thier freinds or stuff like that. Not every personality is going to click with the other. This was some hilarious stuff.

Yeah, I have spoken to Manny a couple times.
Always seemed like a good guy.

My knee jerk reaction to all this is this:
If you join a band who has a long history like Pagan Altar, you ARE going to be a hired gun. You will be asked to do things that may differ with how you operate previously in different bands (IE - asked to make eye contact with the drummer, etc). Also, Manny seemed to slam Terry for not supporting metal and paying to get into pre-shows for festivals they play. You know what? Terry from Pagan Altar doesn't give a rat's ass about the current metal scene. Most members of long running bands don't. They don't all keep up with the current scene. Many don't know of new bands nor care to pay to see them or buy their CDs. Its really cool that Manny does want to support metal and the current scene, but to slam Terry and the others for "getting in free" seems a bit off mark. Just my opinion. Things dont work out with newer members in long running bands ALL the time. An opportunity to play with a band like PAGAN ALTAR doesn't come along everyday. Quite frankly, considering he hasn't appeared on any recording with them yet (we'll see if they ever release the new one now), its not like his departure even had to be announced. He should have been still more appreciative of the opportunity. If it didn't work out for him or didn't like the way they operate, and he wanted to leave, then more power to them! He made it more personal than it needed to be. Sure, it didn't help that Terry got extremely defensive and resorted to personal slams as well.

Yet other reasons why I never want to meet members of bands I have been a fan of for many years. It would kill me to be sitting around with Lemmy and hear him say, "Yeah, that Mikee Dee is a real wanker. He's a crappy drummer, but we needed someone who didn't look as old as me, and was a name" Granted, I don't think someone like Lemmy would say that, but you get the point.

Any band has its share of issues.

Fixed.

Every band has drama.
It is impossible that any group of musicians in a band will be on the same page on everything.

Heck, even Ghost in the Ruins, a TRIBUTE band mind you, has a TON of drama. Enough to go on for days. If the band ever implodes I will do a tell all! Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Always been a band I've been meaning to take a listen. Still will someday but...damn, that shit was intense...and had me in stitches of laughter.

Fixed.

Every band has drama.
It is impossible that any group of musicians in a band will be on the same page on everything.

Heck, even Ghost in the Ruins, a TRIBUTE band mind you, has a TON of drama. Enough to go on for days. If the band ever implodes I will do a tell all! Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Is it drama that you guys are covering? like drama that Savatage went through? how does that part work?

hopefully you will tell all soon.

Hahaha,
To be quite frank, YES!!!!
There is definitely some of the same drama that SAVATAGE experienced, esp in its later years. Though, this was certainly not part of the plan in being a tribute to them. Just kind of happened that way.

Always been a band I've been meaning to take a listen. Still will someday but...damn, that shit was intense...and had me in stitches of laughter.

Well, let me help!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUJsM4IbBqY&feature=BFa&list=PL0AFB09492B5B47CA&lf=results_video[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator: