My Top 25 CDs of 2005

regimental said:
Top CD picks for 2005:

ANGST - In Hoc Signo Vinces
KRIEGSMASCHINE - Altered States of Divinity
KRUK - Drowned in a Swampheart of Europe

Never seen those mentioned anywhere, that says a lot about how awesome they have to be. Checking my paypal account right now - and this mp3!

[EDIT] Dude, the song was intense. Dying to check out some Kruk too, only the name is making me horny. Stick to this forum, will ya? We might need your services!

MFJ said:
8374533_l.jpg

ZOMGROFLCOPTER!!!

Ellestin said:
Never seen those mentioned anywhere, that says a lot about how awesome they have to be. Checking my paypal account right now - and this mp3!

[EDIT] Dude, the song was intense. Dying to check out some Kruk too, only the name is making me horny. Stick to this forum, will ya? We might need your services!

Glad you liked the song. Yeah, I'll be sticking around this forum. Take Care.

You can start any thread you want, there are pretty much no rules here.

In fact, some threads actually about MUSIC *gasp* would be welcome. If it helps, everytime I want people to check some shitz out, I start a new thread, tell what I know about the band (style, what they sound like, etc.) and post an MP3 or 2.

Nothing elaborate, but you get the gist.

Hey, what was the name of that Hellsaw record on in the store? Spiritual Twilight?

MadeInNewJersey said:
I just hope I can stay out of your store less than a couple times per month, lol.

Any chance you want to pay me $60K or so to listen to music and sell CDs?

hahahaha. There are plenty of others stores you can go to other than mine. I'm sure it won't be hard to stay out of here, especially becuase the store sucks.

It has the most important thing: a quality selection of metal CDs, provided you like heathen/pagan/raw black metal, which I do :D

And the price is right!

(and the "tobacco" pieces were nice, too)

General Zod said:
I went back and picked up "Wiseblood" and "Deliverance". I already owned "Blind" (I bought when I heard "Dance of the Dead"). I'll probably pick up "America's Volume Dealer" after giving it a quick spin. Just curious, which is your favorite?
Deliverance, but i already told you that. :D
Zod said:
Also, anything, in the vein of CoC, that you would recommend? Thanks.
for stoner with a southern edge, Down, Beaten Back to Pure, and maybe Crowbar and Eyehategod for more extreme stuff. the Melvins, Solace, Acid Bath, and Electric Wizard are on the heavier side of stoner too.

once I was NAD said:
Deliverance, but i already told you that. :D for stoner with a southern edge, Down, Beaten Back to Pure, and maybe Crowbar and Eyehategod for more extreme stuff. the Melvins, Solace, Acid Bath, and Electric Wizard are on the heavier side of stoner too.
Don't like Down and Crowbar sucks ass (live especially). I'll check out Beaten Back to Pure. Which is your favorite Solace CD?

Zod

i think Solace only had two albums, 13 is tits and the other one (don't remember the name) is pretty good.

Zod if it's been awhile since you've heard Down they might be worth checking out again, especially with your new found interest in COC. NOLA is such a great friggin album. Mp3 help is available, if you want it.
As for Beaten Back to Pure, you should check out The Burning South. It's their latest, and the strongest of what I've heard.

Eminor said:
Zod if it's been awhile since you've heard Down they might be worth checking out again, especially with your new found interest in COC. NOLA is such a great friggin album. Mp3 help is available, if you want it.
As for Beaten Back to Pure, you should check out The Burning South. It's their latest, and the strongest of what I've heard.
How does it compare to "Down II" (which I own)? Thanks.

Zod

once I was NAD said:
i think Solace only had two albums, 13 is tits and the other one (don't remember the name) is pretty good.
I own "Further" (I believe that was their debut). It's OK. Is "13" a significant improvement?

Where's a good place to start with Beaten Back to Pure?

Zod

13 is much better than Further. Further i listened to a handful of times and thought it was cool, then bought 13 and never bothered with Further again.

while i eventually grew to enjoy Down II, NOLA is lightyears better. seriously amazing album.

and listen to Eminor about Beaten Back to Pure. i did. :dopey:

(un)Nad speaks the truth. I love Down II as well, but it’s widely considered to be a letdown after the universally respected NOLA. NOLA is in general a higher quality album, but it’s also a little different. It’s not quite as ambitious as II–nothing fancy here, just stripped down Sabbath goes NOLA metal. It’s one of my favorite metal albums.