MAJOR PT Fatal Errors , please help !

JayB

Oct 10, 2009
open.spotify.com
Hey guys , I've had PT 8 working great on Windows 7 x64 for a while now. A day or two ago I bough and installed the VST Wrapper. I don't know if it's a coincidence or not but now I am getting CONSTANT fatal errors in PT , telling me there is not enough memory to import , not enough to even exit ! When I try to exit I get the Blue Screen of Death , which is obviously bad for the computer , and when it reboots I am not getting " A problem with the hard disk has been detected" . Anyone have any fucking idea what's going on here? The session I am using does not have a lot of stuff going on , my computer is pretty damn powerful and I've been able to do bigger more complex sessions with no errors. Please help as currently I can;t even fucking open PT with out a fatal computer crash ! Do I need to allocate more memory to PT? If so how do I do that?

could be any number of things.
Start by trashing Data bases ETC.
then Move all third party plug ins to The unused plugins folder
See if that helps and then one by one start moving plugins back in; that way you;ll know if that's causing it.

Ok that didn't totally work , it stopped the BSOD for the moment but now I got a crazy ass error that made like 9000 Windows C++ error screens come up , I had to stop all the processes to exit ... wtf is going on ?

Are you trying to open sessions that have the new plug open in them? Try ctrl + opening the session to open with disabled plugs. Then reactivate them one by one until it crashes.

Are you trying to open sessions that have the new plug open in them? Try ctrl + opening the session to open with disabled plugs. Then reactivate them one by one until it crashes.
Didn't know about the opening with plugs disabled trick , thanks for that one ! I will try that when I get back to my main comp next week , I am out of town this week

Avid isn't supporting 64bit windows yet... You're kind on your own... check the digi/avid/pt forum over at avid.com... probably going to be a lot of people experiencing what you are...

Yeah I know that they aren't officially supporting it but they did release a new version that stopped all my crashes and then the PT optimizations guide for windows 7 fixed everything... until now. I think VST wrapper is still the problem... I have the latest version , so that's weird. Why would windows C++ errors come up?