Make your COB theme for iPhone/iPod Touch (Very Easy).

shumik

May 24, 2006
Hi!
This is for COB fans who have a jailbroken device with firmware 2.0 or newer.

1. Through Cydia, Install Winterboard
2. Through Cydia, Install winterboard theme called Angel of Death
This installs a Grim Reaper theme, which when activated in step 8 replaces all the icons with cool half-transparent Scythe equivalents, replaces lock button with grim reaper, the battery life indicator, etc.
3. Replace the weird Grim Reaper background and lockscreen (Wallpaper.png and LockBackground.png) with the COB one or any you like or replace it with the picture of the band or Alexi. I picked this one http://www.metalsucks.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/alexi_laiho_2006.jpg
Resized it to 480x320 using Photoshop and saved as "Wallpaper.png" and "LockBackground.png" (you do the same for the background of your choice).
4. Install openssh
5. Install a client for sftp on your PC or Mac (winSCP for Windows, Cyberduck for Mac) - you can download it for free, google it.
6. Login to your device using the client. Default login/password are: root/alpine (I recommend to change the password with passwd command afterwards, or to uninstall openssh after this is done, or to install bossprefs through Cydia and disable ssh - this is for security reasons. if you choose to change the password then do it for the account "mobile" as well similar way, the default password is the same "alpine")
7. Navigate to /Library/Themes/Angel of Death.theme and replace the existing Wallpaper.png and LockBackground.png with the one you created.

8. Open Winterboard and set active theme as Angel of Death

Enjoy your COB Theme.

Extra. If you really want to get fancy... create your own COB interpolated image sequence for for the battery indicator (Some photoshop skills required). you will need 17 images 264x129 each. it's located in /Library/Themes/Angel of Death.theme/Folders/SpringBoard.app/

cob-1.jpg

Only bad thing about this is that you have to have a wireless connection to your computer with your phone, and I hate wireless so i have cables, therefor no way i can SSH.
Otherwise i would do it.
If i ever can be bothered going wireless i will keep this in mind for my iphone.
Thanks

Only bad thing about this is that you have to have a wireless connection to your computer with your phone, and I hate wireless so i have cables, therefor no way i can SSH.
Otherwise i would do it.
If i ever can be bothered going wireless i will keep this in mind for my iphone.
Thanks

You can do it using the cable too. I used some old method before. But there is a new one, i found here. give it a try http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86490&highlight=access+ssh+wifi

Hey i made a CoB theme with 6 wallpapers, slider, icons & batery but i don't know how to take it to cydia plz tell me!!!!!