making drum machines sound more natural

mick thompson

AKA: Ross Canpolat! SM!
Nov 3, 2005
Dublin, Ireland
ok, so this track was programmed by my mate in acustica beatcraft. when it came to mixing it down he just turned the volume down on each channel and left one open to get each wav. then i loaded it into my daw and done some messing about. but it sounds pretty darn fake. especially the toms i think.

when he made the track he added in extra volumes on certain tom hits etc to make it more accented but i still cannot get the dynamics out of it that i can with a normal kit.

any suggestions?

link here: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/881304/beatcraft%20edited.mp3

im not an engineer - just a baby who likes daws and metal and shit.

this is like ultimate budget recording. im not going to even say how i got d.i.s for this track on the guitars but it sure as hell wasnt the normal way. (ill post them up later if anyone wants to mix it)

yo dude just export your programmed drums as a midi file and import it into your daw software on a midi channel and use ez drummer or bfd as a vst over the imported midi and you should be good

ez drummer is cheap- or you could torrent... which i would not recommend for legal issues but yeah dude hope that makes sense

yo dude just export your programmed drums as a midi file and import it into your daw software on a midi channel and use ez drummer or bfd as a vst over the imported midi and you should be good

ez drummer is cheap- or you could torrent... which i would not recommend for legal issues but yeah dude hope that makes sense

how would I go about using ez drummer over the imported midi?

I know how to import a midi drum track in and then load up ez drummer, but I get lost on how to add the ez drummer samples to the midi..hope that made sense..thanks