Making the Movie

BrandonS

Apr 5, 2003
Ok, hey guys. Well I got my camcorder here with me after I just took 11 minutes of some really fantastic footage. I'm thinking of making a music video for an Opeth song, one of the heavy ones that would fit in with the footage. I was thinking of maybe doing Demon of the Fall....

I've never made a music video before so I have to start somewhere. I don't know anything about video editting but I do have a program.. heh... and I have copied video I took to the computer before and made mpgs.

So I'll keep you guys up to date on this, I'm gonna work a little bit and see what I can do with this. I have to install the USB drivers on my laptop.

The footage is a surprise but let me tell you it fits Opeth better than Zorro, which was a great movie.. haven't seen the sequal yet.

\EDIT\

Ok well I got the drivers installed and I'm now "copying" all the footage to the computer. It's gonna take quite a while. I'm using windows movie maker, woooo.... I'm not sure how to clip and move video around for making the music video but I'll see what I can do. I'm gonna let it sit and copy this, maybe make some hot chocolate..

We made our first short movie, it features some Opeth music in it, 3 songs, well... sort of... and lots of other music by bands I like. It was only supposed to be a test soundtrack, but we never got around to changing it, so on the credits it doesnt say the bands names, but anyway,

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6249736525795758781&q=paranoid

It has trees, if that counts as forests, and some very black humoured (ie bad) acting!

It has a tree in it... no forests though... it's pretty cool. I have to make a quick fix, try to put on some song credits, and then perhaps upload a smaller copy to the internet for you guys to enjoy, just give me a few minutes to figure it out! :D