Malice

Anyone else tired of James Rivera popping up in every band he can? kind of removes any amount of originality left in a specific band's sound especially from those bands in the 80's/90's when individuality was a real trait. just my opinion. and for the record i LOVED the last Helstar album.

Anyone else tired of James Rivera popping up in every band he can? kind of removes any amount of originality left in a specific band's sound especially from those bands in the 80's/90's when individuality was a real trait. just my opinion. and for the record i LOVED the last Helstar album.

I agree. It is annoying.

We talked about this before; yes and it needs to stop. And everything is ok at best. As for a new Malice well it will be Malice as much as Crimson Glory w/ Wade, Leather wolf w/ Wade, Metal Church w/ Monroe.

We talked about this before; yes and it needs to stop. And everything is ok at best. As for a new Malice well it will be Malice as much as Crimson Glory w/ Wade, Leather wolf w/ Wade, Metal Church w/ Monroe.
This.

James is a talented guy. But I'm just not interested in "re-union" projects that don't, at minimum, include the lead singer and primary songwriter.

I really liked what James brought to Vicious Rumors' WARBALL album, if he does the same for Malice I'm fine with it. Sure, I'd rather hear James Neal back with them but apparently he isn't interested in rejoining them; I'm guessing JR will stay with them for one album and tour and continue on to the next project anyway...

I really liked what James did on Warball for Vicious Rumors, but he was not very good when it came to singing the old Carl Albert VR stuff when I saw them in concert. He definitely has his own style that works well on some material, but not all. I love the old Malice stuff, (Sinister Double is freakin' awesome), so I'm interested to hear the new stuff with James....I hope it kicks ass!

Favorite album by Malice, "In the beginning" or "license to kill"? I'd have to go with "In the beginning"...
Does anyone remember the jaw dropping vocal screams in "Gods of Thunder" on that album??? My god!!!!.... If not, I'm sure you can find that song on youtube.com...It's got to be my favorite Malice song ever!

Yeah..."In The Beginning" was fantastic. Malice really sounded like they were the second coming of Priest on that album....you can't go wrong with either album!

I'll agree with that. Why did they disappear after the 2nd album? Whatever happened to that killer singer that was James Neal? Has he ever sang in another band after Malice?

License To Kill is still one of my favorite American metal albums of all time. LP framed in my man cave for eternity. I am even trying to find a way for my band to do a mock rip off t-shirt of that image. It is so amazing. Oh yeah, i will be bringing that Future World LP down to PP this year to get some signatures on it.
5-e1330452906495.jpg