Malmsteen is a god

I am convinced Michael Angelo Batio went to the Nigel Tufnel school of music. I mean, he even copied his hairstyle! All that was missing was him playing a violin with his foot. His poses are legendary. The lifting the two necked axe over his head is the stuff dreams are made of.

No doubt he's got talent and technique. He's a monster. But, does anyone listen to his music? Can you imagine someone doing something remotely artistic with his talent? Whoa...

I am convinced Michael Angelo Batio went to the Nigel Tufnel school of music. I mean, he even copied his hairstyle! All that was missing was him playing a violin with his foot. His poses are legendary. The lifting the two necked axe over his head is the stuff dreams are made of.

No doubt he's got talent and technique. He's a monster. But, does anyone listen to his music? Can you imagine someone doing something remotely artistic with his talent? Whoa...

I agree, he is highly spectacular to watch, and incredibly good, but, I wouldn't just 'listen' to him. Would he be doing something like, let's say, Opeth, with some crazy soloes now and then, well, that would be both artistic AND spectacular.

No doubt he's got talent and technique. He's a monster. But, does anyone listen to his music?
I just couldn't do it. Seriously. Like 30 seconds into the video I wanted to punch the dude and shout "play something already! Fuckin showoff!" :puke:

I just don't see the point in having that sort of skill and acting like a sideshow. Try writing something worth listening to... with one guitar.

listen to surfing with the alien and tell me satriani can't write "real songs." he's a million times better than petrucci

also if "cliffs of dover" by eric johnson isn't a "real song" then idk what you are smoking buddy

Yngwie is overrated! He has major talent but does nothing with it. His music is basically a bunch of fast notes & arpeggios with little attention to composition and played with no soul or feeling. The guy is also an arrogant jackass. Petrucci >>>>>> Malmsteen