Man of the King

Mar 28, 2005
Texas, USA
this is for someone from kalmah. there is a man that says Yeah! or something at the beginning of this song. was this just some random thought you guys decided to do, because when i first listened to it, i thought someone was yelling at me from outside my room or something.

you guys are >:loco:

haha

hahhaha i first thought someone was trying to say something to me the first time i listened to it...does anybody else notice that the intro sounds alot like If You Want Peace...Prepare For War by Children of Bodom, just slower?

yeah dude I fucking laughed my ass off the first time I heard that, it was so surprisingly random.

xshadowsoulsx said:
hahhaha i first thought someone was trying to say something to me the first time i listened to it...does anybody else notice that the intro sounds alot like If You Want Peace...Prepare For War by Children of Bodom, just slower?

It sounds like Kalmah is poking fun of COB for the first 58 seconds of this track to me :D

-a

HoWheels said:
It sounds like Kalmah is poking fun of COB for the first 58 seconds of this track to me :D

-a

You know, I didnt think of it till you mentioned it but you might be right. If so i think thats very funny and a low blow. Opening deffinatly has some resemblace. (btw im a fan of AYDY?)

yep.. if you want peace prepare for war.. haha fuck yes i was waiting for someone to realize that..

THANK YOU KALMAH FOR DOING THAT hahaha fucking awsome...

KALMAH ALWAYS STAYS KALMAH !

I really don't think they're making fun of CoB on that intro. The first guitars are a bit similar but surely there tons of songs that have that kind of riffs in them. You could say that every Kalmah song makes fun of some other songs since there must be other similarities and there is always going to be.

Kirurgisti said:
I really don't think they're making fun of CoB on that intro. The first guitars are a bit similar but surely there tons of songs that have that kind of riffs in them. You could say that every Kalmah song makes fun of some other songs since there must be other similarities and there is always going to be.

Well the "Kah!" does come in at a very similiar time as the "Go!" in the CoB song.

Check this out:

Antti Kokko biography quote:

Something else...: If You want to do something good, do not copy it from someone else. Do your own thing and maybe get some licks here and there.

" Get some licks here and there".

hehe it's a killer.

Well the drums are totally the same (even with the 8 and 16th snare)
riff is a bit different but similar.

I suggest they are saying fuck you to bodom for making such a lousy record:p
Well, i don't think so but it's possible, why would they record a "clean" vocal ? and why once hehe. Enough room to speculate i guess hehe.

38 position in finish charts, go kalmah!!

suspect said:
Well the "Kah!" does come in at a very similiar time as the "Go!" in the CoB song.

Ok well, I still don't hear anything extrordinary fun-making there. Or then I just haven't heard this song that many times because I just hate it.

deathxunlimited said:
The Black Waltz > Are You Dead Yet? i honestly hope that they were making fun of cob with this. that would make the cd even that much better. haha

Black Waltz shits all over AYDY.

Yeah I think they were making fun of CoB for being a bunch of pussies with AYDY. Even the Kalmah version of that intro is better than the CoB version. :lol:

Theres no debate about the recent Bodom album absolutely sucking. While Laiho likes to salt n pepper his riffs, the Kokko's are much more into melody and groove. Reminds me of a comparison of Yngwie and Rhoads. Yea, Yngwie can do more, but the man can't write a song. Whats the point of being able to play three hundred arpeggio's, if in the end, you can not put a good song together?