King Crimson- First Metal Band?

Originally posted by NAD

I recently got the ProjeKcts (4 CD all live boxset) and it is REALLY good, mostly improvisation. I think most of it was recorded in the late 90s.

the 90's crimsons are almost good as in the 70's the last "construktion of light" is amazing album...:D

Originally posted by dimensionidol

the 90's crimsons are almost good as in the 70's the last "construktion of light" is amazing album...:D

Except for the aforementioned piece of shit of a first song, "ProzaKc Blues" :D ... it's just terrible, but the album totally picks up afterwards!! The new version of Fractured kills!

I think it was the Scorpions who have been playing since 1965... so they could be the first metal band...

To me though, Cream and Hendrix both started it, but it truely became metal with Led Zeppelin... Black Sabbath just made it harder a year later...

But anyway, you can't really say it was a single band that started metal, it was a revolution, a wave... it just happened in a mass amount at the end of the 60's/start of the 70's...

why don't you like that song?

Why should I?? It sounds like a joke, almost... and I'm a fan of silly music (Monastat 7, Anal Cunt, etc.), but this track isn't worthy of inclusion in the mighty King Crimson catalog.

Originally posted by Soilworker
I think it was the Scorpions who have been playing since 1965... so they could be the first metal band...

To me though, Cream and Hendrix both started it, but it truely became metal with Led Zeppelin... Black Sabbath just made it harder a year later...

But anyway, you can't really say it was a single band that started metal, it was a revolution, a wave... it just happened in a mass amount at the end of the 60's/start of the 70's...

Umm... NO!

infact is a joke.:)

and i like it because of this

a variation on king crimson serious thing!!:rolleyes:

It's execution leaves a lot to be desired, I think... plus, starting the album with that particular song seems like a bad choice IMO.

So, anyone getting that new DVD of theirs when it comes out?

Although KC is not a metal band songs like Lark's Tougues in Aspic 1 & 4, as well as Level 5 are definatly metal, LTIA4 being one of the best metal instrumentals ever. As for the 80's albums Discipline is excelent but Three of a Perfect Pair is kind of weak and the song Heartbeat is the worst peice of trash the band ever made