King Crimson

King Crimson are great, some of their dark acoustic parts reminds me of the Peth

In The Court Of The Crimson King is my favourite album af all time! It ranks higher than any other album in music history!

:)cool: My opinion, of course!)

Often dismissed is the followup to In the Court, "In the Wake of Poseidon". Always one of my faves, It features the metal "pictures of a city", including "42nd at Treadmill", which is often accused of just being a schizoid remake, but I think it can stand on it's own. A fine record, including the "HIT" "Cat Food", def worth checking out. Greg Lakes vocals are OUTSTANDING on this record, he ready to reach the zenith of his singing career in just a few short years, with the great ELP!!!!

Everyone I know talks about Yes and Genesis being the "top" Prog artists. I agree that they are great bands, but Yes has not done anything new in years and Genesis is no longer. With all the line-up changes Crimson just keeps "progressing." Level 5 off of Power to Believe(their latest) is a fucking beast of a song, the whole album is excellent though. One of my favorite bands in the history of music. BTW, Adrian Belew is an excellent guitarist. One of the top2 bassists ever is IMO, John Wetton. Listen to his bass playing on "Red" and tell me Chris Squire is better. Just an opinion.Peace.

One of the truest progressive bands of all time. They really never repeat themselves and I think every lineup / era had something new to offer.

"King Crimson is, as always, more a way of doing things. When there is nothing to be done, nothing is done: Crimson disappears. When there is music to be played, Crimson reappears. If all of life were this simple." -Robert Fripp

I'll bet this is why. More bands should follow this motto.

NP: Red

nobody has mentioned the blatant allusion to "In the Court of..." on Ghost Reveries, so I will. Read the liner notes. Above the list of song titles on my copy, it says: Ghost Reveries. An Observation by Opeth.

Now look at an old copy of the first Crimson album--the title is followed by "An Observation by King Crimson."
:worship:

greyghost said:
nobody has mentioned the blatant allusion to "In the Court of..." on Ghost Reveries, so I will. Read the liner notes. Above the list of song titles on my copy, it says: Ghost Reveries. An Observation by Opeth.

Now look at an old copy of the first Crimson album--the title is followed by "An Observation by King Crimson."
:worship:

Yeah, I also recognized that but different way. - First got GR and later when I got ITCOTCK I saw it on the CD. Great album by a great band. One of the first prog albums ever, it's still one of the best and multifaceted prog albums ever. :worship:

I don't believe anyone with taste for music can dislike In The Court Of The Crimson King , it is simply the best album ever recorded no matter genre! It's perfection manifested perfect!

I have all KC albums except...In The Court Of The Crimson King! ;) I really need to get it...my favourites are Red, Power To Believe and Discipline.

i love the vocals in 21st century schizoid man! great song

then the next song is just totally different with smooth beautiful textures.

btw, anybody have the album "discipline" from 1981?

adrian belew, bill bruford and fripp are awesome on that album. elephant talk is an awesome song! as is discipline and thela hun ginjeet...ive only listened to the record a few times however.