Man stabbed at movies for "shushing" bitch on a cell phone

Jan 10, 2005
NBC L.A. said:
A woman talking on a cell phone during a movie didn't take to kindly to being 'shushed' by another moviegoer. Or at least her boyfriend didn't.

In a drama that turned more lively than the one on screen, the boyfriend allegedly attacked and stabbed the 'shusher' in the neck. With a meat thermometer.

The stabbing occurred last Saturday at the Cinemark 22 theater at 2600 West Avenue I in Lancaster, according to Detective Richard Cartmill of the Lancaster sheriff's station.

Deputies say that while the movie was playing, a woman was talking on her phone and the victim asked her to turn it off.

The victim was attacked by the woman's boyfriend and another man. Deputies say he was stabbed in the neck with a meat thermometer.

The stabbing victim is expected to survive and is recovering at a local hospital. Two others who tried to help the victim were also injured, according to KTLA.

According to Sheriff's officials, the suspects were described as black males. One man was wearing an orange hat with an orange jersey and the other man was dressed in a black hooded sweatshirt.

There was no word on why the man had a meat thermometer in a movie theater.

I'd like to know, too, why he had a meat thermometer :lol:

I kinda agree with the stabber....obviously I wouldn't stab anyone but fuck that guy. "Shushing" is the gayest thing ever. If people shush me I make more noise.

I can't count the number of times I've told somebody to SHUT THE FUCK UP in a movie theater. Does that count as "shushing"?

If the bitch on the phone got stabbed in the neck, this thread would have made my day.

This reminds me of this one:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/west_yorkshire/8176348.stm

A woman has been attacked with bleach in front of her family by a group of youths she had asked to be quiet during a showing of the new Harry Potter film.

It happened as the woman, her husband and two children ate in a restaurant after leaving the Vue Cinema on Kirkstall Road in Leeds on Sunday.

It is feared that the 46-year-old, who suffered burns, may have permanent damage to her eyes, police said.

She had asked a group of five or six youths to stop talking during the film.

West Yorkshire Police said the same group shouted abuse at the family as they left the cinema.

The family then went to Frankie and Benny's restaurant, where two of the youths came in and threw the bleach on to the woman's head and back.

They ran away and got into a waiting car.

Gotta say, if i'm in there watching Iron Man 2, and someones phone goes off, and they keep talking, they'll the choice of "shushing" or having the phone removed by the ermergency services