Man stabbed at movies for "shushing" bitch on a cell phone

I find the best way to handle a situation where a dumbass is talking on a phone in a theater is to be insufferably polite.

"Excuse me, sir/ma'am, I hate to interrupt, but you are disturbing those of us around you. I would appreciate it very much if you could be quiet. That would be very kind of you. Thanks."

I usually get slack-jawed responses to that approach. ...and wonderful silence. How do you reply with any sort of animosity to someone who is nice to you?

If you go in with guns blazing, people get their backs up. Obviously, the situation with the meat thermometer got out of hand whereas a little politeness could have defused the situation.

If all else fails, go get the manager. It's their theater's reputation on the line & they're always happy to help out with taking idiots.

I remember going to see "Apocalypto" a few years back & some moron was droning on endlessly.... I just avoided any confrontation & got an usher. He approached the jerk, who immediately turned around & said I was disturbing him. Well, the usher didn't buy it, telling the clown to stop swearing at him: It was really quite funny.
Then patron went on to say, "we're not making any fucking noise!" ...right then, his cell phone started ringing. He was told to be quiet or leave. He shut up. :)

I find the best way to handle a situation where a dumbass is talking on a phone in a theater is to be insufferably polite.

"Excuse me, sir/ma'am, I hate to interrupt, but you are disturbing those of us around you. I would appreciate it very much if you could be quiet. That would be very kind of you. Thanks."

I usually get slack-jawed responses to that approach. ...and wonderful silence. How do you reply with any sort of animosity to someone who is nice to you?

If you go in with guns blazing, people get their backs up. Obviously, the situation with the meat thermometer got out of hand whereas a little politeness could have defused the situation.

To be fair, if someone is willing to stab you for telling their gf to be quiet in a cinema then i doubt asking them to be quiet politely is going to make much difference to a obvious nutter like that.
Pricks like the guy who committed the stabbing are constantly looking for excuses to do shit like this: "are you looking at me?, this is my seat, or whatever.

It's scum like this that are ruining every country in every corner of the world, and it really really fucks me off. They need to be lined up and shot for such behaviour as they're clearly never going to contribute anything worthwhile to anything or anyone other than themselves. Waste of oxygen.

^Exactly. (Trevoire520)

Dude was carrying the meat thermometer probably for the specific purpose of stabbing the first punk ass mother fucker who may or may not have looked at him funny in the throat.

This reminds me of some good theater memories.

One time I was in the theater and these teenagers were behind us, 2 guys and 2 girls I think, and the dude behind me just kept kicking my seat. Over and over.

I turned around once and said, "take it easy back there" or something like that. Not big deal.

He keeps doing it and the girls are giggling and all that. So I'm getting really pissed. I turn around and really go off. I get that dumbfounded look from all of them, like they can't believe the nerve that I have or something. No response or anything, just silence.

So I hear a little snickering from them now and then and a few light nudges on my seat, which I let go because I hear the girls wrestling with him. I figure they're trying to get him to do it again, because that's just like teenage girls - always getting their dude's ass kicked.

The movie ends and I hear the girls say something like, "watch out for the angry man" and the dude starts sort of quietly laughing. At this point I've cooled off and I'm not thinking about hurting anyone, but I want to screw up their night so I stand up quick and say to the guy, "dude, you better check your bitch before she gets you into trouble." Then I just stand there and stare at him, desperately fighting to contain my laughter.

Okay, so this is the most priceless thing you can do to somebody. You know he ain't gonna do shit becuase he's not ready for that. His woman is gonna get pissed because he doesn't do shit and she's a totally unrealistic little whore. Sure, I look like a total asshole, but I don't care. I love shit like that.

A long time ago, I was at the theater watching True Lies (like I said, a long time ago) and it was full of black people. Sorry to sound racist, but if you've ever been in a theater full of black people you know what that shit is like. The whole crowd is standing up and yelling and cursing at the screen and all that. Throwing popcorn at the screen. Totally unbelievable, it was like a joke. I thought it was a joke, really. I was afraid to say anything to anybody though. (Okay, so a theater full of black people might not be like this everywhere, but in Kentucky it is.)
At some point a couple of people start speaking up and the ushers start coming in (and I think they're afraid to do anything) so this big circus / fight thing breaks out and I run out of the theater before I get caught up in it. Race wars in the movie theater = big fun.

so I stand up quick and say to the guy, "dude, you better check your bitch before she gets you into trouble." Then I just stand there and stare at him, desperately fighting to contain my laughter.
Fuck yes!! :worship:

I had to basically say this to my drummer once because his girlfriend was a super retarded drunk and was prone to embarrass us at our gigs. She'd start up shit she couldn't back up, and half the time it was with me. I'd back off because it was my drummers girl, but one time I couldn't hold back. I said "Dude, you better leash your dog before I do!". She didn't like that, neither did he...but that night, on the drive back to town, she got left on the side of the highway to walk home (and she wasn't even in my car, it was another guys ride). They are still together and she doesn't drink all that much anymore. haha

Hey Will

Had some shit happen real similar to me man, I was a bit younger and had these guys that were a little older sitting behind me with there girlfriends,so they tried to act like bullys and they started throwing their popcorn at me and a buddy, talkin shit and all that, so i blew it off until the movie was over. The main asswhole tries to trip me as i was walking down the isle to leave the theater, I have always had a bit of a temper so without batting an eye i straight up back hand bitch smacked this dude in the face..........the thing was i had a rock hard cast on my arm from mid forearm to my knuckles......im pretty sure i broke his jaw.

...The movie ends and I hear the girls say something like, "watch out for the angry man" and the dude starts sort of quietly laughing. At this point I've cooled off and I'm not thinking about hurting anyone, but I want to screw up their night so I stand up quick and say to the guy, "dude, you better check your bitch before she gets you into trouble." Then I just stand there and stare at him, desperately fighting to contain my laughter.

Dude...if I was in that theater. I would have given you a high five.

Absolutely HATE people talking in the movies.

I have a friend that studies film (and is really serious about it) that does it. Criticizes everything.
eg.
During Invictus (which is based on actual South African events)
"WHAT THE FUCK? THERE'S NO WAY HE'LL SAY THAT IN REAL LIFE!!!?"

It's unfortunate but I try and prevent going to the movies him.

Hey Will

Had some shit happen real similar to me man, I was a bit younger and had these guys that were a little older sitting behind me with there girlfriends,so they tried to act like bullys and they started throwing their popcorn at me and a buddy, talkin shit and all that, so i blew it off until the movie was over. The main asswhole tries to trip me as i was walking down the isle to leave the theater, I have always had a bit of a temper so without batting an eye i straight up back hand bitch smacked this dude in the face..........the thing was i had a rock hard cast on my arm from mid forearm to my knuckles......im pretty sure i broke his jaw.

BRAVO

During Invictus (which is based on actual South African events)
"WHAT THE FUCK? THERE'S NO WAY HE'LL SAY THAT IN REAL LIFE!!!?"
Trouble is, a lot of movies are "based on actual events" because they pepper it with bullshit to make it a sellable story. Lots of stuff happens that is worthy to be repeated verbatim on film, but the film industry tends to fuck everything up by peppering in shit for 'audience appeal' so they can sell more seats at the theaters. So for all we know...it might not have actually been said.

145213__csi_l.jpg

"Stabbed with a thermometer?"

CSI+Miami+-+Horatio.jpg

"Now that's cold."

csi-miami-horatio-caine-sunglasses.jpg