Mandatory Now Playing

Ahhhh yeah! Hahaha! I feel like I should be boppin' away on a beach somewhere with a cocktail to that :loco: I swear, that band bring the madness out in me...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Erm... Gargoyle - Hito no Tame, now :lol:

:danceboy:

It's such a fucking groove! I love it. :lol:

Witherscape - Mother of the Soul :kickass:

I know, right?! Have you checked the other guy's 'tache out as well?! So metal. :lol:

Nightingale - Still Alive

Dan Swano is like the Buckethead of death metal. He has such an extensive back catalogue of music, it astounds me.

Nightingale - Alone?

Dan Swano is like the Buckethead of death metal. He has such an extensive back catalogue of music, it astounds me.

Yeah, he really is the man. I've listened to pretty much everything he's played on now and there's not really anything I dislike.

Not only that but he's done some great jobs as a producer/sound engineer as well for bands like Dissection, Hail of Bullets, Asphyx, Barren Earth, Katatonia, Ribspreader, Torture Division... to name but a few/not to mention his own projects! Really talented guy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not usually one to hate on bands on the internet, I'd like to think I'm pretty diplomatic and all but... Avenged Sevenfold :lol: SO gay.

Dub Buk - Русь Найвище Над Усе

I used to love Avenged Sevenfold, still do really... only my "love" is reserved for everything before Nightmare, soo... :lol: That being said, ain't no way in hell am I clicking on that video. :lol:

Hans Zimmer & Lorne Balfe - Beyond : Two Souls Original Soundtrack - Aiden's Theme

Hey man, I'd think no less of you if you loved everything they've ever done. It's no secret I have a soft spot for Trivium (didn't like this year's album though). Well, maybe it is/was unknown to some. But it's true!! :lol:

Hey man, I'd think no less of you if you loved everything they've ever done. It's no secret I have a soft spot for Trivium (didn't like this year's album though). Well, maybe it is/was unknown to some. But it's true!! :lol:

Shogun is awesome. Other than that though.... :lol:

Dream Theater - The Looking Glass

Man, Ascendancy was great back in the day (that thing is 8 years old... damn..). Shogun still holds up, I think. I can't stand The Crusade, tho...

Mercyful Fate - Evil

Yeah, The Crusade was pretty weak... and so is the new one, Vengence Falls. Which was disappointing for me 'cause I really enjoyed In Waves. I love their demo (which I actually own), Ember To Inferno and Ascendancy (in part) too.

Capharnaum's Fractured (featuring Heafy on vocals) is a great technical death metal record, and I'm looking forward to Heafy's solo album (produced by Ihsahn) ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

М8л8тх - Under the Falling Star

Never listened to Capharnaum... I might check it out sometime. I do wonder if Heafy's solo album will be worth it. I don't really enjoy Heafy's clean vocals and I have no idea what kind of music he intends to actually put on the album. I guess I'll wait for you to tell me whether it's good or not. :p
Also, what the hell kind of twisted band name is that?

-----------------------------------------------

Coroner - Semtex Revolution

I do wonder if Heafy's solo album will be worth it. I don't really enjoy Heafy's clean vocals and I have no idea what kind of music he intends to actually put on the album. I guess I'll wait for you to tell me whether it's good or not. :p

I'm expecting Mrityu (Heafy's solo) to be similar-ish to the Ihsahn albums, progressive 'extreme' metal, but I know Matt is a MASSIVE black metal fan... so, I'm expecting a fair bit of 'black' on there and a whole bunch of mindblowing melodies, solos and sheer awesomeness. And I think it's pretty safe to say it's going to include both clean vocals and screams. I'm hoping his album is going to really show people what he's all about (Do NOT let me down Matt! haha). Because Trivium get SO much stick in the underground, yet if you look at Heafy 99% of the time he's wearing Taake or Dissection shirts... and he's clearly a fantastic guitarist. But then, I guess I'm kind of biased towards the Trivium camp as I was admin on their official forum for many years (but that's another story haha).

Also, what the hell kind of twisted band name is that?

:lol: It's the weirdest band name I've ever seen. The band's name is being pronounced as "Mo-lot-kh" ... and they're um, 'a bit questionable' as I like to put it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old Corpse Road - The Crier of Claiffe