Mandatory Now Playing

Trivium forum admin? This man is a bottomless well of random surprises :lol: That's a pretty big role actually so you must've had a lot of contact with the actual band members.

The weirdest band name I ever saw was a just a solid bar of nothing. I have no clue.

------------------------------------------

Paradise Lost - Ash & Debris

The weirdest band name I ever saw was a just a solid bar of nothing. I have no clue.

:lol: What the fuck...

Trivium forum admin? This man is a bottomless well of random surprises :lol: That's a pretty big role actually so you must've had a lot of contact with the actual band members.

Yeah... it's not something I advertise but to be honest I didn't have a great deal of contact with the band at all, it was more the management (back then Paulo was quite active though). I might as well tell the whole story now haha...

This was back when they had the (excellent, free to all) trivium.org forum. We had a great mix of regulars and it was a fantastic community where young people just getting into metal would find themselves mixing with older, more seasoned metallers and be introduced to more underground bands. Myself (and the rest of admin/moderator team) put a lot of work into creating a really good environment for the fans. However, some time after the release of Shogun (I think it was) Trivium, or rather Roadrunner (I think) decided that they were going to get rid of the free forum and migrate/merge it with the Triviumworld fanclub, where you had to pay/become a member in order to access all sections of the forum. We were promised that all of the existing .org sections would be successfully migrated onto the new server and all original members would be able to continue to post in the free sections. Unfortunately this was not the case and a lot of the threads etc. were lost in the bowels of the internet. I made many friends on that forum and because of the unsuccessful migration contact was lost with many of them as they were unable to log in, or simply didn't like the new forum... something which to this day still upsets me. I was asked to carry on as part of the Triviumworld admin team but declined. It's not something I regret because I really didn't like the Triviumworld set up (if you've ever been on there it's more like a message board/feed thing rather than a proper forum like we have here, or it was last time I checked anyway). Though I feel it was a bad choice to get rid of the .org forum and it was a bit of a mess, I will always defend the band when they're unnecessarily slated and cherish the memories (and rarities ;)) that forum gave me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love this song...

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh man, server migration, the bane of every independently ran forum... I've had that happen to a forum I used to visit everyday so I feel your pain. Suddenly it vanished and I lost all contact with anyone who was a part of it. Really miss a lot of the guys I used to talk to.

Except you Star Brom, you fucking troll.

----------------------------

Katatonia - Will I Arrive