manipulate MY mind

vessal1

vessal1
Dec 2, 2005
Boise, Idaho
Yes! this is a great happening getting to chat here about the worlds
most incredible band >>> Ive had the disc a few years but still hear new things > theres stuff goin on all over the place musically.
I think these guys are wasting their time on all the side projects
ive heard the Scariot demos, and Satyricon, and bnagar etc etc but
SPIRAL shreds them all >>>>>
Side projects probably pay more bills, but where theres chemistry
you gotta go with it !!!!!
I cant wait to hear the new stuff
Ive given up on Watchtower( INK rules tho)
This is a great place to learn of similar styled bands
how about:
KING CRIMSON
ALLAN HOLDSWORTH -- i.o.u.
Mekong delta ( what happened to them?)
Sleepy hollow (colo. spgs. CO.)

i also dug the songwriting process thread too - thats cool stuff
bye friends

Cheers for mentioning Mekong Delta, i've been wondering about them too. Last thing i know is that Hubert was living in Turkey (and sometimes here in Greece)..maybe the guy went completely mad? i dont know.

Hey Vessal1,
here's some interesting (?) fact you would never expect! My great great grandfather emigrated to Boise some time around 1880, earned a bunch of money (been told he built a church there) and took his family back to Norway in 1902 and bought a big farm (in Stange). His name was Mikkelsen but when he came back the name was changed to Mickelson.

- Asgeir

IOfTheStorm said:
Cheers for mentioning Mekong Delta, i've been wondering about them too. Last thing i know is that Hubert was living in Turkey (and sometimes here in Greece)..maybe the guy went completely mad? i dont know.

In Turkey? That's interesting.

I wouldn't say the side projects were a waste of time, they're objectives are completely different than spiral architect. For example, Black Metal is not about being technical it's about atmosphere and such. However, I think that Spiral Architect is more important than all those side projects, but that's just for me. It's up to the band to decide what's more important for them.

It's important that it is their own motivation that spurs them to do this band, because that is what is necissary for the band to truly take advantage of their incredibleness.

Last thing about MD I heard was the nice Pictures at an Exhibition project they did. Afterwards, they put out a CD-ROM (stil in the pre-DVD) and got flak in the German press. Hubert argued that people without musical education should not be allowed to write about music...interesting view.
I guess whatever those people are doing now, it might be far away from metal...

Great instrumental music without any doubt, but I've never heard a band that has gathered so many bad singers around them as MD...one worse than the other...

All of the projects of norwegian musicians of the scene are very good and different from each other: I recently discovered them and now I like very much: Spiral Architect, Borknagar, Vintersorg, Age of Silence, Winds, Arcturus, Solefald... and the ancestors: Emperor, Enslaved, Satyricon... I wouldn't prefer any of them to not exist..

hey Asgeir! Now, ive got ties to the true architect! j/k
Im curious what religion?
Please dont get me wrong about SA members being in other GREAT bands is fine- it's just tough to go without new material from my favorite band!
im just bitter> hehe
Yeah Mekong was pretty cool despite ther vocal lackings
Im sure they had like 4 or 5 releases
I heard they changed their names AND was rumoured to be a bit MAD
It very interesting about the Norwegian metal scene it seems alot of cool bands are emerging
Are there any Spiral videos available besides what given on their/your site?
bye