Manowar touring again?

FatesFan and I saw them in Winston-Salem, North Carolina during the tour that Rhapsody opened for them. At the time I wasn't a fan at all. Now I'd like to see them again, so that I could appreciate the live set and know their music better.

~Brian~

I saw these guys back in the 90s and they were terrible. I hoped for so much more from them. Never was a huge Manowar fan but did not dislike them either.
What was the cherry on the top of the terrible show was watching the few guys standing at the bus to get autographs. They waited for a couple of hours and the mighty Manowar who is all about their "metal brotherhood" would not step off the bus to greet the few guys standing outside. However in Manowar's defense it was drizzling a bit outside though this did not seem to sway their fans. Maybe it was the drizzle that kept the band from greeting their brethren. The way I was see it is that the mighty Manowar was defeated by a the sprinkling of rain.

Seen them twice - once in Cleveland's HOB and traveled to Germany to their 2nd fest (2008 when they played their first 6 albums). Although the fest was cool for their setlist, I enjoyed the smaller club setting more - and paid at least $40 in 2005 if I remember correctly. Definitely want to see them again, but I am not willing to go to Europe to do so.

They recently booked some shows in South America, so at least they are in the correct hemisphere.

As far as Ross being Manowar-lite - have you heard his album? Better than anything Joey & Co have done in years (except for the fact that Eric Adams is a superior vocalist to Ross's). Although I do like the Thunder in the Sky EP quite a bit.

Other bands play...

Come on man........
Many bands have an image, and a "routine" to follow along with it.

I dunno, it almost comes across as elitist, since it seems many here hate Manowar simply for making their gimmick "dying for metal" :headbang:

Yet, now pagan and folk metal is acceptable by most here?????
Never would have been 10 years ago, before such bands were booked at Prog Power. Sorry, just callin em as a I see em.

Ross The Boss hasn't been part of the scene for MANY years.
I would hardly call his inclusion at PRog Power as satisfying anyone's Manowar cravings. Those Dictators reunion shows must not be paying the bills anymore.

Dude, I'm not saying I feel that way but many do and it's a shame.

That's why I called Ross The Boss Manowar light. Indeed, I'm sure it'll be nothing like the real thing. :lol:

Seen them twice - once in Cleveland's HOB and traveled to Germany to their 2nd fest (2008 when they played their first 6 albums). Although the fest was cool for their setlist, I enjoyed the smaller club setting more - and paid at least $40 in 2005 if I remember correctly. Definitely want to see them again, but I am not willing to go to Europe to do so.

They recently booked some shows in South America, so at least they are in the correct hemisphere.

As far as Ross being Manowar-lite - have you heard his album? Better than anything Joey & Co have done in years (except for the fact that Eric Adams is a superior vocalist to Ross's). Although I do like the Thunder in the Sky EP quite a bit.

Other bands play...

That recent Ross the Boss album, now that I've finally listened to it I'm mixed on it. I love half the tracks and hate the others. As you say though, the problem is the vocalist.

Anyways though, as I said I would love to see Manowar in full, but it's seeming less and less likely these days unless I hit the lotto and find a way to see them overseas.

FatesFan and I saw them in Winston-Salem, North Carolina during the tour that Rhapsody opened for them. At the time I wasn't a fan at all. Now I'd like to see them again, so that I could appreciate the live set and know their music better.

~Brian~

I saw them in Winston-Salem back in 2000 I think, but it definitely wasn't with Rhapsody. Just a small club show with some no-name band from NJ opening. There were MAYBE 100 people there, the show completely kicked though!

When the hell was the Rhapsody show?

I saw them in Winston-Salem back in 2000 I think, but it definitely wasn't with Rhapsody. Just a small club show with some no-name band from NJ opening. There were MAYBE 100 people there, the show completely kicked though!

When the hell was the Rhapsody show?

I was at that show as well.( i think it was 2002) There were some death metal bands that opened(USURPER and HAVOCHATE). It was a kick ass show! Well, the Manowar part of the show was kick ass.

The Rhapsody Manowar show was maybe in 2005. It was Holy Hell, Rhapsody, and Manowar. It was at the same small club as the 2002 show. Manowar was better on the 2002 show but mostly due to sound issues on the more recent show. I would love to see them again esp' if they were to play full albums as has been mentioned earlier in this thread.

I don't think the Manowar haters even realize just how good and powerful of voice Eric Adams has. That guy has an amazing set of pipes. I guess they are just too busy
concentrating on the loincloths of previous years.

Pick up the live DVD, "The Day the Earth Shook", and then tell me this band doesn't have talent. An absolutely jaw dropping performance.

and for those Manowar fans who have never seen this DVD, and love Battle Hymns, you have to watch this youtue video, featuring Ross the Boss and other older members.
I had chills watching this song!!!!! Flat out amazing!! Three drummers playing the same song at the same time. Fucking Amazing!!! No other band does this.......

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zrcjwAYzPk&feature=related[/ame]

So they used to dress like idiots, who gives a fuck? I enjoy their music.

That being said.. Hopefully they'll come to Florida, that would be awesome. I'd like to see them live.

Okay y'all, this is one band (Cheesy or NOT!) that is STILL one of my absolute FAVORITE METAL BANDS OF ALL TIME!!! :D
I first started listening to Manowar, in 1984 when I bought "Hail To England" on vinyl!!! Then in the same year I saw them play live on some Teen Nickelodeon show called "Livewire", this was on @ 5pm in the afternoon! And they played "Gloves Of Metal" from Into Glory Ride live!!!
Also HTE was & still is one of my favorite albums of theirs!!! Every song An In Your Face-Metal Classic!!!:kickass: I still get chills hearing "Bridge Of Death"! Those screams that eric does @ the end are un-fucking-believable!!! :headbang:
I'll defend Manowar 'till the day I die!
I've said it before,
but MANOWAR always says it best:
OTHER BANDS PLAY, MANOWAR KILLS!!! HAIL! HAIL! HAIL AND KILL!!! :headbang:
(Not just a fanboy, I might add A TRUE BROTHER OF STEEL!!!:headbang: )

So they used to dress like idiots, who gives a fuck? I enjoy their music.

That being said.. Hopefully they'll come to Florida, that would be awesome. I'd like to see them live.

I guess you didn't see them in Orlando in -05? What a show!!!! A bunch of people from the Brazilian fan club had flown in and the place was electric!!!

I remember that the next day I went to see The Flower Kings. Man, that was a weekend of two musical extremes... :lol: Both awesome in their own way though.

Who is this band you all keep referring to? Well considering my screen name, I guess I will have to go check 'em out :) Hope my Hail to England shirt still fits, not quite as svelte as I was back in 1983-84 :) If not, maybe the FTW shirt will fit. Time to bust out the P90X Ab Ripper dvd :)