Manowar touring again?

Regarding the Manowar/Rhapsody tour in 2005, I remember the show pretty clearly. Rhapsody were the underdogs and stole the show (at least the one here in Orlando). I thought Manowar were great that night, but looked PO'd that there were so many Rhapsody shirts in the audience. Did get to meet Fabio, who was very cool and took pics and signed autographs.

Something that seemed strange to me around that time was that I noticed a lot of punks and indie kids getting into Rhapsody. It was really strange. It did not lead to a further interest in power metal it was just that band. Maybe it was the cartoon-sh appeal of the band or just some random freak occurance.

Well let me put it in terms you can understand
(That is if you can?!)
Manowar has been around since the early 80's
when the NWOBHM came around! I honestly don't see a lot
of other bands, and bands in paricular you like,
that have that kind of staying power & longevity!
Plus, since Manowar has been around so long and shit,
they're recognized as pioneers of Speed & Power Metal (But obviously
NOT by you!) and they paved the way for lots of great bands of that genre!!! Sure, yeah they had some VERY CHEESY outfits!
But OMFG they ROCK!!! And STILL do!!!

It just sucks ass that opinionated (I can be one too btw!)
people like yourself keep hating on one of the greatest Metal bands of the 80's
imho next to Maiden, Priest, Saxon, Savatage & all the other great 80's bands!!! :kickass:

I totally agree w/ the comment made about Manowar:
Never has one Metal band been Loved or Hated so much on here! :D

(Sorry if I offended anyone here, but I had to get this off my chest) :heh:

Okay whatever guy!
But be that as it may,
I undestand this is SUPPOSED TO BE a friendly forum to voice your
opinions on metal & such,
BUT YOU, Dude your just a hater & a DICKHEAD at that!!!
WHY? Cause YOU don't like Manowar or whatever, or is it
they're JUST NOT WHAT YOU ARE INTO?!!!
What the fuck ever dude?!

(That is if you can?!)
NOT by you!) and they paved the way for lots of great bands of that genre!!! Sure, yeah they had some VERY CHEESY outfits!

It just sucks ass that opinionated (and I can be one too btw!)
pricks like yourself keep hating on one of the greatest Metal bands of the 80's
imho next to Maiden, Priest, Saxon, Savatage & all the other great 80's bands!!! :kickass:

:OMG:

Okay whatever guy!
But be that as it may,

(That is if you can?!)

Wow dude... Just wow... Based on your post and your reaction, the only real idiot over here is you. I mean, dickhead would be a compliment considering your attitude and how you attacked me. Friggin' unbelievable.

So, here's the deal, tough guy... I am not a hater, like you're saying. You're so bothered by the fact that someone doesn't like a band that you do (apparently my comments really added sand in your privates) that you need to lower your level. What, is Joey DeMayo your sugar daddy or something?

The reason why I hate Manowar so much is simple. I already explained it on this forum quite a few times. A few years back, I went to cover (as in getting paid to write a feature) about their tour with Rhapsody. We were going to give Manowar a really nice two page spread with an interview and what not. Rhapsody was going to have a paragraph or two. Long story short, upon arriving at the venue I was treated with the utmost disrespect by the band's management. I mean, it was borderline humiliating if you must know. Never in my life I had been mistreated like that when working at a concert. Hell, I've had middle-school-educated bouncers who were more polite than that group of people. To make matters worse, one of the band's members came off the tour bus and had the balls to make a comment about how they didn't need any more publicity. Sure the band is popular, but how tactful is it to say that? Oh yeah, let me not forget the threats too, such as "You won't watch shit if you don't walk away right now," and "you better put the camera away too before I shove it in that dumpster over there" from their crew. Seriously?

Because of that I really lost most (if not all) respect for the band. In my opinion, for a band that prides themselves in being so important for the metal scene (which I will not disagree, they are certainly one of the big names), and prides themselves in being "all about the fans and the people who are there to see them," can't act like that. Another thing that they did was to actually PROHIBIT any and all fans around the venue to take pictures with them or OF them. Their security people would go up to each fan who snagged photos of them WALKING INTO THEIR TOURBUS and asking them to delete them because the band supposedly had a "contract with a professional photographer for the night." ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? Not even Metallica would do that.

To summarize the reason why I think Manowar is shit, the music does NOTHING for me. It's boring, uninspired and cliche. Add that to the leather speedos they used to wear in the 80s and you're bound to be called ridiculous. I noticed you mentioned a few of the big 80s metal bands. I must say that I like Maiden and Savatage a lot (have most of the albums by these bands and have gone to see them about 10 times combined). Priest and Saxon I could really never get into, but oh well.

Now, you're going to sit and tell me that I'm just a hater, and I don't have a valid reason to dislike a band? What are you, a 12 year old?

You call me opinionated, and that I am. I will never deny that. However, I am not a dick like you. I don't simply start ranting and offending other people just because their taste is different. That is simply STUPID. And you, my friend, have simply shown how (un)classy you are. Congratulations. You made yourself look like the biggest idiot in this forum tonight. Time to re-evaluate your mind (and perhaps yourself).

More respect would be appreciated. If you want to continue being a douchebag, get over to the Blabbermouth forums.

Something that seemed strange to me around that time was that I noticed a lot of punks and indie kids getting into Rhapsody. It was really strange. It did not lead to a further interest in power metal it was just that band. Maybe it was the cartoon-sh appeal of the band or just some random freak occurance.

Possible. The show here was at the House of Blues and was probably 3/4 full. This was during the time when Manowar took Rhapsody "under their wing" and managed them. I guess that's what their relationship was, not entirely sure. At one point while we were talking to Fabio, Joey Demaio sent someone to fetch Fabio like he was an employee. (Fabio did not seem happy about it.) In my opinion Rhapsody would have been HUGE by now if they kept putting out albums and touring. But for some reason that all stopped until 2010.

This is actually true. In fact, when I was working for FYE a couple years back I noticed there were a number of punk, indie and to add to it, emo kids that for some reason or another were big into Rhapsody. Never understood it and like you said, it didn't lead to more of those type bands just Rhapsody.

Okay whatever guy!
But be that as it may,

(That is if you can?!)

This isn't something I really want to get involved with since this is between you and Angra, but I will say this. This is a FORUM!!! People make opinions, jokes, etc. and they have every right to say bad things about a band if they want. You also have a right to counter their argument, but this is completely mind boggling. The one thing that shouldn't be done is a personal attack and that is exactly what you just did. Obviously you're a big Manowar fan and that's cool (I like them as well) but just agree to disagree with Angrarules and move on. The guy was just making a joke.

@ DrkLrdViper666... bro, you need to take it down a notch. AngraRules was just having some fun. Not everyone here likes the same music. Personally, I love Manowar. Been a fan since Hail to England. If people want to bust my stones about it, I take it in the spirit it's intended. It's just for fun, there's no malice intended. Hell, I take every opportunity I can to bust the chops of my friends on the board who are Pain of Salvation fans. After all, it's not my fault Daniel Gildenlow sings like an eight year old girl.

By the way, be sure to check out the interview I did with Hammerfall. He talks about Manowar for five minutes.

@ AngraRules... sucks that you got treated like that. I find it odd that so many managers don't do everything they can to protect their bands from fans and journalists walking away with a negative opinion. What I find even more odd, is that they're the ones often engendering that sentiment. In Manowar's defense I'll simply say, other bands play, Manowar kills. :loco:

Okay whatever guy!
But be that as it may,

(That is if you can?!)

:lol: Really guy?

It is ironic to see users who is having fun with Manowar's or making fun of them etc.. because their appearance. At the same time, at same level they are being seen as funny and as a joke by mainstream people as they see Manowar funny. If you just take random pictures of people at the fest, with the metal shirts, posing with horns etc.., tons of people will laugh at these pictures.
Music matters, that is it.

It is ironic to see users who is having fun with Manowar's or making fun of them etc.. because their appearance. At the same time, at same level they are being seen as funny and as a joke by mainstream people as they see Manowar funny. If you just take random pictures of people at the fest, with the metal shirts, posing with horns etc.., tons of people will laugh at these pictures.
Music matters, that is it.

True. But you have to remember that not all metal fans dress like metal fans, and therefore aren't really ridicularized by the "mainstream" people. Plus, long hair, a black shirt and a drunken face while posing for a picture doing the horns is NOT NEARLY AS BAD as a bunch of oiled guys wearing leather speedos. That's a little bit beyond.

Music matters, of course. That's why I made sure to include in my post that Manowar's music does nothing for me. The fact that I make fun of what they looked like is just the icing on the cake.

I dream to see Manowar like here in the UK. An impossible, improbable, ludicrous, superfluous dream! I want to see them in the underworld(it's a small club here) as well. I don't wanna see them in a big gig. I don't wanna see a useless support band. I wanna see a projection of Osron Welles saying the immortal lines "Ladies and Gentleman Please welcome Manowar!" I wanna see the white's of Eric's eyes when he's screaming his nuts off! I wanna feel my ears burn when Joey plays sting of the bumblebee! I wanna sing along to Hail to England when they finally play the birthplace of heavy metal once again! I want them to come on stage at 7.30pm and leave at 11.30pm (gotta catch the train you know!). I want my ears to ring for a week after this gig! I want them to play my favourite Mano ballads Heart of Steel, The Crown and The Ring and most of all Master of the Wind! I want the Grandfather from "Grandfather can you tell me a story" to be on stage narrating before that song! I want beer to be free that night! I want them to be re-enacting the loin cloth and furry gloves look throughout the gig! I want a 20 minute Joey's Speech! I want the last song to be Hail and Kill! I don't want much do I! Can this ever happen? I believe it's 17 years since they last played here and probably another 17 before they play again! Still, Hail and fucking KILL!!!!

This is actually true. In fact, when I was working for FYE a couple years back I noticed there were a number of punk, indie and to add to it, emo kids that for some reason or another were big into Rhapsody. Never understood it and like you said, it didn't lead to more of those type bands just Rhapsody.

This isn't something I really want to get involved with since this is between you and Angra, but I will say this. This is a FORUM!!! People make opinions, jokes, etc. and they have every right to say bad things about a band if they want. You also have a right to counter their argument, but this is completely mind boggling. The one thing that shouldn't be done is a personal attack and that is exactly what you just did. Obviously you're a big Manowar fan and that's cool (I like them as well) but just agree to disagree with Angrarules and move on. The guy was just making a joke.

Alright, I apologize to Everyone Here, not just Angra!!!:oops:
I admit, I got on my proverbial "I Love Manowar & They're True Metal Gods"
and all that Metal soapbox, again I'm sorry, and I do apologize.
Okay I'll just agree to disagree y'all.
And I didn't mean to be mean spirited or step
directly on ANYONE'S toes okay?
:erk: D'OHH!!!
(btw, if I ever get to go to pp, I've been twice btw! I'm jimi!:wave: )

Alright, I apologize to Everyone Here, not just Angra!!!:oops:
I admit, I got on my proverbial "I Love Manowar & They're True Metal Gods"
and all that Metal soapbox, again I'm sorry, and I do apologize.
Okay I'll just agree to disagree y'all.
And I didn't mean to be mean spirited or step
directly on ANYONE'S toes okay?
:erk: D'OHH!!!
(btw, if I ever get to go to pp, I've been twice btw! I'm jimi!:wave: )

Apology accepted bro. Not a problem. I honestly do understand what it's like to be so passionate about a band, and as fans (afterall, I am a fan too) we want to promote the band and make the band more popular, and all that. Just yesterday, for instance, I was in the car with my fiancee and I put Kamelot on. She says "This sucks, I really don't like it". Though I do understand that it's just her taste and her opinion, deep inside I'm thinking "ARE YOU FUCKING NUTS?" :lol: I know what it's like, believe me. At one point though, we all must remember that as passionate as we are, the music may not appeal to everyone, and it's pointless to say "You're wrong" or whatever. People may hate a band, but it doesn't mean they're just haters.

I won't be at ProgPower this year, but if you see me next year, make sure to come say hi and introduce yourself. I'll probably tell you "You were a dick, but let's go get a beer together and talk some metal." You can be damn right it'd be a good time. :kickass::kickass:

* Sighing as I put away the popcorn AGAIN! * :lol:

Actually, X-Japan is indeed playing Lollapalooza this year. That one wasn't just a rumor.

Yep, but they were also looking into booking some shows around the U.S., using Lollapalooza as the "fulcrum" date. I guess that fell through.

Milton, your story about how you were mistreated by Manowar and their management is similar to the behavior which soured me on Glenn Danzig forever. Oh, welll.....

* Sighing as I put away the popcorn AGAIN! * :lol:

Remember that I sold it to you. If I say hide it, you damn well better do it! And don't give it to the cat either!! :lol:

Pellaz said:
Milton, your story about how you were mistreated by Manowar and their management is similar to the behavior which soured me on Glenn Danzig forever. Oh, welll.....

Hah, why am I not surprised? I hear the guy is really a douche. No wonder this happened to him a few years back:

:lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator: